“Thanks to the staff of Bernerhof!”

Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Glen B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Our stay at Bernerhof was one of the most enjoyable parts of our vacation. We traveled from Ohio to the Coast of Maine for a leisurely vacation, staying in a total of 9 B&B's, Bernerhof was the only B&B that we elected to stay for three days, one on the way up and two on the way home.

We attribute this to first of all to the quality of service Mike provided, and genuine caring of his guests, his breakfast service and interest in people. A jewel in today's world where customer service is not always at the top of the list. Another asset was Duffy who also made sure breakfast was just perfect, he warm personality was a pleasure.

The Inn was very clean and the grounds well cared for, a perfect combination.

1  Thank Eileen B
There are newer reviews for Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed September 13, 2013

A very , very nice experience. This was our first stay at a B&B, so I was not too sure how this would turn out. I have to say that after all these years booking into hotels & motels I never realized what I was missing.
I cannot speak for other B&B's but the Bernerhof is has convinced me that I should now book at a B&B rather than a standard Hotel/Motel.

The atmosphere, room, food and staff was excellent. Michael, the innkeeper even upgraded our room at no cost!!! The breakfast was absolutely wonderful.
A great time and a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bcjd1
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The inn was such a treat and welcoming: the grounds and surroundings were well-kept and lovely, the room was great, the breakfast was delicious and the inn-keeper Mike was a a great host. He treated you like family. They also offer ipads to any guest and have computers on every floor. We really enjoyed ourself and would recommend the Bernerhof to anyone. It was also close to everything, North Conway, tons of hiking trails, and within 20 min of the Bretton Woods/Mount Washington area.

Room Tip: Loved the Madison Boulder Room. Very roomy, with skylight and great 2 person jacuzzi tub.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband, mother and I had the pleasure a few weeks ago of staying at The Bernerhof Inn. We were on a road trip through New Hampshire and Maine, and The Bernerhof was the best stay of our entire trip. It's a beautiful B/B located in a peaceful area outside of busy N. Conway and managed by wonderful Mike. He is Mr. Hospitality plus, such a warm and welcoming guy, always ready for a chat or to give valuable information about the area. He made us feel right at home. Rooms at the inn are lovely, very modern with all the amenities. My mom had the Fryeburg on the first floor and my husband and I had the Josiah Bartlett on the 2nd floor. We loved both of them. Breakfast at the Bernerhof is delicious a la Mike and served by wonderful Duffy. We loved the yogurt and granola to start the meal, and eggs and blueberry pancakes were the best. He is a wonderful chef! My husband really enjoyed his walks in the morning on the trail and I loved enjoying a glass of wine at the pub there after sightseeing all day. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and can't wait to return. I would highly recommend staying at The Bernerhof Inn. Thanks a lot Mike!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RosebudBrussels
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at the Bernerhof Labor Day weekend! Great location just outside all the congestion of North Conway..... But close enough to still enjoy it. Researched many Inns in the White Mt. Area looking for 3 essentials..... Free Wi-Fi, a cable TV, and two separate sleeping areas. What I found is that I would need to spend five or six hundred a night to get them all! Settled on Bernerhoff because I could get all three for about 230/night!!!!! Stayed in the Jackson Village Suite...... Very nice, clean, and big. Great big bath tub in bathroom. I had a wonderful nights sleep in the extra room day bed...... My girlfriend had the king sized bed in the main room and could not hear my snoring!!!!!! TV's in both rooms. Innkeeper, Mike, made us feel like it was our own home..... Very casual, and down to earth. Breakfasts were great! So mad I didn't get a chance to walk the nature trail in the back!!! Hope to come back some day.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Mike is a gem. He made our toddler feel so special by playing with him in the lobby and including his name on the breakfast menu. Breakfast, by the way, is fantastic. We loved the fruit sundae, chocolate chip pancakes, and hash brown potatoes. The inn maintains its historic charm, while also offering modern amenities like flat screen tv's and iPads. Keep up the great work. We hope to make it back to Glen again!

• Stayed: August 2013
MichaelLuciano, Innkeeper at Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hello Craig, Melissa and my buddy Evan! Thank you for your special comments pertaining to your stay up here at the Bernerhof. It was great meeting all of you, but especially your son Evan, what a great kid, I loved him. Evan's chocolate chip pancakes were a hit!! If you all make it back up here to the Mount Washington Valley, you are more thank welcome here at the Bernerhof! Thank you again and hello to Evan!! Mike

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Wonderful repeat stay at a superb B&B in the White Mountains. Would highly recommend -great rooms and outstanding breakfast. Everyone is so personable and welcoming. Mike does a great job!!!Looking forward to my next visit!!

Room Tip: all rooms very quiet
1  Thank Tom G

Greetings Tom & Rosemary! It was certainly a pleasure having the two of you back here for another memorable stay at the Bernerhof, and I look forward to another visit soon. Thank you and have a great fall season!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods

Been to Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!