“White Mountain Escape”

Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Glen B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the inn for a long weekend and it was absolutely perfect. The inn is in the perfect location between North Conway and Jackson and is near all sorts of attractions. We stayed in the Fryeburg room and it was spacious and the bed was super comfy! We were able to peak into some of the other rooms and they are seem spacious and well appointed. The complementary breakfast in the morning was delicious! The innkeeper, Mike was very friendly and made us feel like we were at home. We enjoyed the complementary use of an iPad, a very good idea! We will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: rooms located on the second and third floor are quieter than the ones on the first floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank samantha j
MichaelLuciano, Manager at Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for your comments Sam and Zack! I enjoyed your company and am glad you had a fun stay with us and very much look forward to your return visit again soon....

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My family booked campgrounds down the road for brother & his kids, and two sisters with their kids. My wife and I definitely NOT campers, prefering the luxury of a bed, shower and civilized accommodations. We found Bernerhof and were MORE than pleasantly delighted. It is a VERY charming inn with about 12 or so rooms. Our room was small with a dormer to negotiate through but was a lovely room nonetheless and very comfy. We were right down the road from the campground where we during the day to hang out with the childrens (and do walking/hiking trails with them). Then at he end of the day we could return to the Inn sit at the bar and enjoy an adult beverage and sleep well. Waking for breakfast Derrick and his dad prepare just smashing breakfasts. I think I had the amazing pancakes all 3 days they were just too too good. Plenty of choices for brekkie and a nice sitting area (and use of ipads for your convenience). I would wholeheartedly recommend this Inn to anyone visiting the white mtns -- you will NOT be disappointed by the rooms, service and hospitality. I feel like I'm on the payroll but really just a guest who was amazed at actually how nice and comfy it was. A hidden gem within the white mtns and easy to get to all sorts of trails and activities. loved it, thank you gentlemen for making our stay wonderful. We will return!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road if you are a light sleeper you may have an issue with car noise on main road o...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We spent a night here last weekend. The room was small and we were on the third floor. The climb to the room with our luggage was a trip...and then we found out that our room had no air-conditioning. While this may be something the locals would not mind we were concerned because the weather was unseasonably warm. We travel with a fan so we were glad we had it to help keep the air stirring. We kept the window open but the sound of the cars on the highway was somewhat noisy. Everyone was very helpful and friendly and the breakfast the next morning was delicious. This B&B had lots of charm.

Room Tip: I would suggest trying to make certain that the room you stay in is on a lower floor in this house.
1  Thank jetb18

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Bernerhof. Unfortunately I did take all of the window air conditioners out of the rooms the second week in October as temperatures had dropped dramatically. My fault as we have had some warm days (60's) since then and lesson learned as next year I will wait until November to remove them! I certainly wish I had insisted on putting your window unit back in as I do remember offering to.
I do apologize if I didn't offer to help with your luggage as I know it can be a long haul up 2 flights of stairs! Thank you for your compliment about my breakfast as I do take pride in each and every dish I serve. If you return to the Mt. Washington Valley, I certainly hope you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Beautiful old house that has been added on to and converted to a B & B. We booked the Intervale room with the gas fireplace. It came with a big flat screen TV with a built-in DVD player. We brought our own DVD's in case of bad weather but there was also a selection to choose from. There was a lot of space in the room and two luggage racks. Beautiful wood floors. The small bathroom could use some shelves for toiletries. The food was wonderful, especially the omelets and rosemary roasted potatoes. There is a downstairs bar area with a complimentary first drink with a gas fireplace and large screen TV where guests can hang out. Very cozy. Muffins or cookies and fruit are available all the time along with coffee and tea. The bed was very comfortable. It had radiant baseboard heaters in the room and the bathroom. No ceiling fan but you could borrow a fan for the room if needed. It was cold outside so we didn't need a fan. The bedside lights had adjustable wattage bulbs so you had plenty of light if desired.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were hesitant to stay at a B&B because we wanted our privacy for the weekend but the Bernerhof Inn was wonderful and we felt free to come/go as we wished. Mike was an amazing host and welcomed us with a smile and humor. It was large enough that we didn't feel on top of all the other guests. The room was spacious and the Inn as a whole was beautifully decorated. The highlight was breakfast the next morning where we were treated with amazing fall homemade specials! I would highly recommend the Bernerhof Inn B&B. It's location is also convenient because it's close to all attractions and the shopping in North Conway. Five stars all the way around!

Room Tip: You might need to call ahead for directions or Mapquest them. Our GPS had the address a few miles b...
1  Thank Christina03042
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I went to northern NH for an overnight during a weekday. We selected the Bernerhof Inn randomly when I found the website online and the place looked great. We were not disappointed in any aspect!!
Immediately the owner was helpful over the phone with directions when our GPS couldn't locate it. Upon arriving we were greeted immediately on the front porch, checked in, and given a tour. Their graciousness at the Inn is something you don't find very often anymore. We were told the first drink at the bar was complimentary, and if they weren't around later that it was the honor system. (Imagine that in 2012) that is something we would never see back home in our Massachusetts city.
The room we stayed in was the Villages of Conway (#9). It was gorgeous! Wonderfully kept, everything you could ever need and more. Sunken jacuzzi hot tub was amazing! The bed was more comfortable than our own!
Breakfast in the morning was phenomenal! We were pleasantly greeted and our order was taken right away. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere is very relaxing.
I would recommend the Bernerhof Inn to anyone looking to stay near North Conway area. We will definitely return in the future!!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank CamFam98
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Michael and his staff are excellent hosts, friendly and helpful. The pubic rooms are comfortable and just the place to sit around and enjoy the complimentary coffee and cookies. Alternatively enjoy some good beer in the bar. (there are wine and soft drinks too at reasonable prices)

Beds are comfortable and although ours was the smallest bedroom it had plenty of room. All was spotlessly clean. Some of the rooms look fantastic..

No restaurant on site but Michael recommended some good places to eat - the best only half a mile away.

Overalla great place to stay.

Room Tip: Look at the photos on the website. they are honest and accurate
1  Thank David866
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Christmas Farm Inn & Spa
Snowflake Inn
Snowflake Inn
#2 of 11 in Jackson

Been to Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!