“Definitely THE place to stay in this area!”

Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Glen B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in January, looking for a winter escape from an especially warm season where we live in Florida. Somehow I managed to pick the perfect place, and the perfect weekend, as it snowed seven inches in Glen on the Thursday evening that we arrived at the Bernerhof. The scenery was beautiful in the freshly fallen snow, even though our small rental car was about buried in it! We had booked the Josiah Bartlett suite. A great choice. A very spacious and clean room with a large jetted tub and a king size bed. There was only one other couple staying on our first night and they arrived late so we felt as though we had this entire beautiful mansion to ourselves. Leonard (the innkeeper) had insisted that we should make ourselves at home, and we did just that. For dinner that night we drove a short distance to the White Mountain Cider Co. where we had a lovely dinner, a fabulous bottle of wine, and a terrific server named Patty who was very patient with our indecisiveness. The homemade chips are amazing. We went back the next night and tried a different flavor topping. back at the Bernerhof we had a terrific homemade breakfast in the morning of pumpkin pancakes with eggs, bacon and fruit. The breakfast on the second morning was just as impressive. There are so many wonderful things I could go on to describe, but I'll just leave it at this, so you can go and find out for yourselves how nice it is! You won't regret it!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pko57

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Staff is so friendly, the accommodations are lovely and the location is fantastic. We saw the other places to stay in the area and I think this is the best,

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rottard
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We just returned from our 1st of hopefully many visits to The Bernerhof Inn. Wonderfully inviting - the innkeepers are available at all times but give you your privacy as well - lovely attention to detail - our room was immaculate and very comfortable - breakfast was superb - great location too! - Thanks again - Karen and Jeff

Room Tip: Rooms are spaced apart nicely - If you are a light sleeper I would suggest staying upstairs only due...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 141karenw
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We rec'd a warm welcome by the owner's daughter on our arrival, but never had a chance to meet/see the owners during our overnight stay - a first for me at a B&B. The renovation of the guest rooms was very nicely done, still keeping the charm of a B&B. This was my third time staying here & the 1st time since it had been renovated. I must say that I prefer the former lobby & bar area with the more open, yet cozy places to simply lounge with a glass of wine. Breakfast was not really to our liking. The bacon and small fruit plate was good, but that was about it. No options were given, plates were simply placed in front of us. The woman who was serving did a good job of being pleasant and getting everyone their dishes, but this is the first B&B that I've stayed at where there was no real warmth, with the exception of our check-in. The Inn appeared to be about half full, based on the amount of people at breakfast. We more than likely won't return since there are numerous lodging options in this general area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JuneOlympia
MelissaLeonard, Manager at Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Sorry it has taken us a so long to respond to your review June, first I would like to start by saying thank you for choosing to stay at The Bernerhof Inn and thank you for your review. We always welcome your honest and sincere feedback....we feel it helps us to do better at what we do.....having said that, I would like to apologize for not being present at the time of your stay. Our daughter Lauren was home for Christmas break, thankfully, when I became suddenly ill and was hospitalized. The Innkeeper is a very important part of your stay at a bed and breakfast.Inn and take our "job" seriously... we sincerely hope that you will give us another chance so that this time I get a chance to meet you in person.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

Returned to the Bernerhof for a holiday shopping trip and it was great. Most B&B's will open up a box of Enteman's and call it good, but not Len & and his daughter Missy. French toast, maple bacon, hand made scones, muffins and donuts! They make you feel right at home. Very convenient to shopping. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jonathanfarley1
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have stayed several times at the Bernerhof and have not been back since the new owners took over. (My last stay was about 2007-ish.)

Let's start with the pros: Unique Inn, good location (a bit off the beaten path but within 10-15 mins of North Conway Ctr, good restaurants around), breakfast was lovely, the hotel staff and owners were very nice, cool to have Mac computers available for use. Nice to have coffee and tea available throughout the day too.

Cons: Cleanliness of bathrooms - the wall behind the bathroom door was covered in this huge, brown, dripping stain -- looked like coffee maybe? Beer? Eeeek, who knows. Pretty gross. Also, the bathrooms should also have been wiped down as part of the daily cleaning - they weren't. (For $183/night, I expect a clean bathroom and a refill of empty shampoo/bathsoap containers.)

Also, in a place with a jacuzzi tub in the room, I'd expect to get more than one towel per person available. If you used the jacuzzi at night, you'd be using your wet towel to dry off with for your morning shower. I'm sure if I asked for more, I would have been given them, but it seems like a no-brainer to have that in the room already.

Some other reviewers who mentioned how loud the heaters were are correct...and you cannot control the heat in the room. But, that comes with any old house, so I wouldn't see that as a con per se -- I just felt bad for the owners' heating bills as we had the windows open all night.

All in all, not a bad stay, but for almost $400 for two nights, I wonder if I'd be more impressed elsewhere. Hard for me to give much of an endorsement -- BUT, you could do a lot worse I guess!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BostonMeg25
Reviewed November 16, 2011

We just recently stayed again at the Bernerhof Inn, and once again it was fabulous. This time we stayed in The Madison Boulder room, very charming room with a very romantic two person jacuzzi tub. Must mention my husband and I are very early risers, and we were happy to see the complimentary coffee, being put out early. Breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mcsweeney02
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
#1 of 11 in Jackson
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods

Been to Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!