“Excellent Choice”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Gilford
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Glad I read the reviews on this website because that is why I chose Fireside. The price was right and the readers' comments convinced me. It is a beautiful venue with large rooms and a very friendly staff. They provided the best Continental breakfast I had during our week-long foliage tour------lots of choices! Located only 7 miles from Weirs Beach so it is an ideal place to stay if you want to take the lake cruise. Weirs Beach did not seem very attractive for anyone over 25! If you book here and choose a second floor room, you will have a nice balcony on which to relax.
While I probably won't be doing another foliage tour in the near future, I will certainly be staying at Fireside when I do.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael B
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel.
We are pleased that our hotel and staff were able to measure up to your expectations. Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee. Thank you again and we hope you’ll come visit us soon.

General Manage
Fireside Inn & Suites Gilford NH
603-293-7526 Ext.115

There are newer reviews for Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband, 2 children ( 12,10) and I were looking for a place to stay for one night over Labor Day weekend. We called Fireside on Saturday morning, and they said they could accommodate us and that our room would be waiting when we arrived ( even if before check-in time). We reserved a King Suite.
Upon arrival, noted that the grounds are very well-kept. Friendly check-in staff, and who doesn't love a free Whoppie Pie! This Inn is located on a fairly busy intersection ( busy by NH standards...), but we never heard any traffic noise. We did note that there was a path down to the Lake ( and staff told us there is a beach, but it is not staffed by a lifeguard)- we never made it down to check it out, as our stay was only 24 hours.
Room was more than adequate for 4 people. We did bring along an air mattress, and there was PLENTY of space to set it up. Everything was clean, and we had a first level room which made access in/out super easy.
Patrick's Pub, across the street is a great spot- we have been a few times through the years.
We did not take advantage of the complimentary breakfast, other than grabbing some quick juice, but it seemed more than a standard Continental Breakfast.
Oh, how could I forget- the pool and the fountain soda machine- those were our kids favorites!
Overall, great, well-kept resort. Looking forward to coming back in the winter for a quick weekend at Gunstock!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank stepback
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us on Tripadvisor during your stay here. I will be sure to share this with all of our associates here at the Fireside Inn. Our associates enjoy taking care of our guests and hearing compliments like this make it all worth while! It would be are pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in the Lakes Region. “Call us directly for our best rates”

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Pet friendly :) Treated my dog awesome. Gave me a dog bowl with woofie pies which look like mini whoopie pies,which they give to humans on check in too.Pool was warm,jacuzzi has a waterfall,most places deliver there and it is close to everything.Very clean rooms and a nice free breakfast too. Definitely staying again and as a matter of fact I got a room for 2 nights on their site cheaper than any other "discount travel sites" which I checked them first.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us on Tripadvisor, I will be sure to share this with all our associates. Our associates enjoy taking care of our guests and hearing compliments like this make it all worth while! It is critical to receive this kind of feedback from our guests so that we continually have the opportunity to evaluate our service. We have just add Pancakes to our breakfast and "Yes" check our website first! www.firesideinngilford.com

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hi my family and have come here 1-2 times a year for the last 10 years . Man are they always consistent. The pool and grounds are always manicured like a golf course , very relaxing. This place has 2 outdoor gas grills for your use. Nothing like steak tips and a beer after a long day. They have a awesome continental breakfast which served warm and hearty pancakes and waffles. My kids really dig this every year. They have a relaxing hot tub and 2 nice pool with the indoor heated to comfortable temp. Candy and Lydia made my morning with their nice personality s and hard work to please The front desk also was very helpfull with my questions. Like Cheryl and all of them are sweethearts and professional. Please stay there you will not go wrong. My only complaint is that the pullout couch in the suite can be uncomfortable. But most are. Thanks again fireside inn you are truly committed to excellence.

• Stayed: August 2013
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a kind review of our hotel! We certainly appreciate all guest feedback, but it is always such a pleasure to hear praises such as yours. We strive to achieve exceptional guest service and I will share this with Cheryl, Lidia and Candy.!

We’re honored and excited, and it means the world to everyone here that you enjoyed our service and hotel very much. We are happy you were able to take advantage of all are amenities. It would be are pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in the Lakes Region.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Once Again Another Great Vacation !!!!! I just got back from a 2 week stay at the Fireside Inn. Their has been significant up grades thru out the years and more to come all for the good of the customer. I am a repeat Customer to this Resort For the following reasons the Resort has a very friendly atmosphere and a lot to offer. Indoor & outdoor pool breakfast,every morning, popcorn and soda everyday all you want no charge. I had the pleasure of meeting Ray Head of Maintenance always stop to say Hi and see how my day was going... thanks Ray. Also like to mention the cleaning ladies Candy & Molly and others every morning ask me if I needed anything .... With a smile :) thanks. There are others I just don't know everyone name sorry about that. Thumbs up to the front desk always helpful. Thanks ! I have also talk with the General Manger Frank Tuscano very helpful explaining what taking place now and what they are going to do in the future. Overall I find this a Great place to stay centrally located near everything. I will be returning again next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us on Tripadvisor during your stay here. I am pleased that you found the property clean and the bed comfortable.
We are in a process of ongoing improvements to the property. I will be sure to share this with all of our associates here at the Fireside Inn. Our associates enjoy taking care of our guests and hearing compliments like this make it all worth while! It would be are pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in the Lakes Region.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed for one night July 26, 2013 to attend a concert. I called to confirm my reservation a few days prior to my stay I wish I gotten the name of the lady I spoke to on the phone she was very helpful and cheerful.She took the time to answer all my questions. The same lady checked me in. She was very dedicated and focused on creating overall guest satisfaction. The lobby area was beautiful stone fireplace and seating area. The indoor pool was glassed in and looked well cared for. My room was on second floor upon entering the room it had everything I needed. a small fridge, a microwave, a/c unit. Furniture was well cared for and it even had a fireplace in the room. The balcony was fabulous had 2 chairs to sit and it overlooked the outdoor pool which was mighty inviting. The grounds were well cared for. It was awesome!!! I could walk to the concert. It doesn't take long to walk to the concert but, once on concert grounds it does seem like a hike. Overall this is the place to stay for any reason lots of natural beauty..I loved it and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook outside pool area are the best!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

We thank you for such a positive review. We are always striving to offer our guests the best service in the Lakes Region. We’re delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and service. We hope that each and every guest, every day, experiences our service. It is very convenient for our guests that we are just a short walk to Meadowbrook! It would be are pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in the Lakes Region.

Fireside Inn & Suites Gilford NH
603-293-7526 Ext.115
frank@firesideinngilford.com
See all our Fireside locations at www.firesideinns.com.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The rooms are spacious and clean and the staff is wonderful. Indoor/outdoor pools, beach, hot tub, 24 hour complimentary snack bar, complimentary breakfast, gym, spa...this place has it all! The lake is out the back door, Gunstock is out the front door, there is a great pub across the street and concerts at the pavilion are within walking distance!

Room Tip: If you rent a condo on the first floor, you can park your car right at the back door and load/unload...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us on Tripadvisor during your stay here. We have some of the nicest one-bedroom suites in the area. I will be sure to share this with all of our associates here at the Fireside Inn. Our associates enjoy taking care of our guests and hearing compliments like this make it all worth while! It would be our pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in the Lakes Region.

Experience the warmth of our hospitality!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilford
The Wolfeboro Inn
#4 of 13 in Laconia
Belknap Point Inn
Belknap Point Inn
#3 of 6 in Gilford

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee? Share your experiences!