“Great value and great location for Meadowbrook”

Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Gilford
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed here one night Sept 2 for a concert. Friendly staff at desk at check-in and check-out. Patrick's across the street is excellent and hotel is easy walking distance to Meadowbrook for concerts. Room was clean. Didn't have time to take advantage of amenities but pools and grounds are nice. Continental breakfast available - we overslept so didn't get to try it. Clean and more than satisfactory. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel.
We are pleased that our hotel and staff were able to measure up to your expectations. Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee. I am sorry you didn’t get a chance to use all of our amenities, maybe next time.
Thank you again and we hope you’ll come visit us soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I booked this hotel on-line in March for an overnight in Sept. ~ very far in advance. Upon arrival I was asked if I was traveling with pets. Confused, b/c I have never traveled with my pets, nor do I plan to, I said no. The clerk told me I had booked a pet-friendly room and this was my only option b/c there was nothing else available. I happened to have my confirmation e-mail on my phone and it said nothing about a pet-friendly room. My hands were tied and I took the key and headed to my room. My sister and I almost fell over (rm 112) when we walked in. Not only is the room pet-friendly, I think people come here to house break their dogs. We went back to desk, they were not budging, $40 off room rate...wow we only pd $169 to sleep in a dumpy kennel. Left at 7:30 a.m. b/c as soon as we woke up we had to start brething through our mouths. Whoopie pies don't even begin to make up for it..... Oh, and housekeeping may want to dust the headboards.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank amanda d
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you very much for your review of the property. We are always striving for the best service that we can offer here at our hotel. It seems as though we may have fallen short during your stay. I have looked into your reservation, and it was for a ” Pet Friendly” room. It should have not have had any odor at all. I can assure you that your comments will be followed up with all the appropriate team members. We hope that should your travels bring you back to the area, that you will give us another opportunity to show you that we truly do provide great service. We extend our sincere apologies.

Gilford Fireside Inn and Suites

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Check-in was easy - very quick, and friendly staff. Room was needing a bit of work - stains on the ceiling and floors. Bathroom was clean - beds were comfortable. A bit pricey, but it was Labor Day weekend, and there was a concert going on very near by.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor - not my first choice, but it was okay. Rooms were large - clean - avera...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you very much for providing feedback from your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Fireside Inn & Suites. Once again, thank you for giving such great feedback and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed there with our two dogs in early August 2012. I travel a lot and, while this was not the most elegant hotel I've ever stayed in - in fact it's a bit shabby, it was clean (of course I checked for bedbugs, I do that compulsively regardless of how nice the hotel is anymore, and there were none). The staff was incredibly nice. The included breakfast wasn't great. This hotel is part of a group owned by Lafayette Hotels and we stayed in another one on the trip and had a similar good experience. For the money we paid, we were very satisfied. If you are looking for elegant, it's not for you. If you are looking for clean, nice, and pet-friendly, you are in luck!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I didn't get a chance to stay here as I had to cancel. I just wanted to applaud Ellen (manager) for letting me cancel without a fee despite Priceline's (dont EVER book with them) insistence that I'd be charged the first night fee. She was super helpful and really saved me a giant hassle and bill. Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

We thank you for such a positive review. We are always striving to offer our guest the best service in the Lake regionI. I have shared your comment with all of our associates.
It is critical to receive this kind of feedback from our guests so that we continually have great customer service, and we hope you’ll come visit us soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during the Ironman Timberman race and it was perfect for us and our dog. The property, although older, is well maintained and welcoming. Upon arrival we received complimentary whoopie pies and our dog even got a welcome gift complete with a water/food bowl and mini, dog-friendly whoopie pies! The included breakfast each morning was wonderful with lots of selections for everyone. If you happen to plan to come to the area for the Ironman Timberman race, it is likely the most convenient accomodations for the race. They even set up a room complete with microwave, toaster, some bagels, bananas, cutlery and more for those rising early and needing to utilize those amenities on race morning. I recommend this property for anyone visiting the area with or without your pet, but especially for those coming to the Ironman Timberman race!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you very much for providing feedback from your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Fireside Inn & Suites,hope to see you next year for this great event.Thank you for such a positive review. We are always striving to offer our guest the best service in the Lake region.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed one night and it was just the right fit. Great location to all in that area. Our room didn't have the best view (the pool), but it didn't matter cause mostly we were out and about in the lake area. Rooms were clean. One thing we noticed was that the room almost had a "wet dog" smell to it, so we opened the slider and aired it out. Nothing that couldn't be dealt with. When you check in, you get complimentary Whoopie Pies...yum! The continental breakfast had a nice variety of food items. Hard boiled eggs, waffles, cereal, fruit...all the usual breakfast items that you expect to see. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Francis T, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We’re delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and service. We hope that each and every guest, every day, experiences our service. I will personally look in to the “Wet pet smell”, in that room. We have the highest standards of cleanliness and to a superior quality of customer service. We do have great locations in the Lakes region,
Once again, thank you for giving your feedback and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Francis Tuscano
General Manager Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilford
TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford
Mill Falls at the Lake
Mill Falls at the Lake
#2 of 3 in Meredith
Church Landing at Mill Falls

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee? Share your experiences!