“Renter Beware!!”
Review of Silver Sands Motel

Silver Sands Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gilford
Silver Sands Motel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Gilford
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I rented a room here this past weekend and when I brought it to the front desk's attention that they had charged me nearly 50% more than the cost their website indicated for that room for that night I was told that they were aware of the issues and that the manager would call or stop by my room shortly. Two hours later, I returned to the front desk. It was explained to me that the manager had been spoken to and that she was not available to speak with me. It was also explained to me that the website had been retroactively changed to reflect the inflated price I was charged. This information was delivered with a smirk. I was shocked that a business could be so sketchy. It makes me feel nervous about the idea of putting a credit card in the hands of people who would act in such a sneaky and deceiving manner. I probably wouldn't bother coming on here to complain about how they wouldn't let me use an extra towel to dry my hair, but it seemed important that people know what this place is willing to do to squeeze an extra dollar out of someone. Yikes!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
9  Thank B L
There are newer reviews for Silver Sands Motel

Reviewed August 19, 2011

We go to Silver Sands every year and it is always the same experience- nice and friendly staff, clean cottage, beautiful beach view.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Pearl1013
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Great place for kids and adults alike...there was a group of 40 of us and the motel staff was very accomodating and friendly....It's clean, there's places to park your boat, niuce beach...ya we're going back again...
Right across the street from Meadowbrook, so if the breeze is right, you can hear some of your favorite artsists...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank cmafarwell
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We've been coming back to the Silver Sands Motel for approximately 13 years now. We've skipped a year here and there due to schedules, but we try to stay a long weekend in August every year. You cannot beat the location. It's quite, but on the lake, and not far from the action (Laconia, Weirs, etc.). I love the heated pool. Ok, the hotel rooms are from back in the 50s. The bathrooms are miniscule, but what do you really need? I marked down the sleep quality only because there is no air conditioning. Honestly, at the lake you almost never need it, but we have been there when it has been very hot and humid. The rooms have stand fans to help with the stuffiness. It's very convenient to have the small refrigerator, the two burners, and sink. They even have wireless access, which is key for my 14yo. DH gets a boat slip for his Ranger, and he loves to go out fishing early in the morning, then back for breakfast and then we can all go out on the boat. One year, we could only come a certain weekend, and SS didn't have any rooms. I searched all over the area, and no one has the combination of lake front, boat slip, pool, location - especially for this price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank lovlilynne
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Great location but you need to run the water for at least 10 minutes to get it warm. There are ancient coffee makers and no microwaves. Staff is very nice and you do get towels but only in the off season.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2007

We were looking for a place to stay near the marina (where our friends stay on their boat), and it turned out the marina has their own "motel/resort". Ok, so resort is quite a stretch, but the place is functional.

Basically, its an old-fashioned motel (at best). The place has seen better days, but we knew what we were getting into. Its pink, for goodness sake. Its probably a 2 star type facility. There is a decent pool, and a beachfront on Lake Winipesaukee. The roomchoices are motel rooms or "apartments". We got an apartment, since we have 3 kids. It had one small bedroom, and a living area/kitchen with a pull out sofa and a twin bed. There was a small dining table, but you had to move it to pull out the sofa. Very small bathroom.

The room was clean, and they gave you as many towels as you wanted. They had wireless internet (go figure?), and the woman running the front office was extremely nice. No restaurant facility, but had a coin laundry and some vending machines.

We are planning to stay there again in a few weeks to see our friends again. Sure, I love a good Sheraton, but this'll do when there is no big name hotel in sight.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank oyyveyy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilford
TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford
Belknap Point Inn
Belknap Point Inn
#3 of 6 in Gilford
Misty Harbor and Barefoot Beach Resort

Been to Silver Sands Motel? Share your experiences!