“Great family mountain”

Gunstock Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Gilford
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was our first time here and we loved it!! Half of us could ski and the other half had only skied a handful of times. They took the family lesson with Dave, and everyone loved the lesson and loved him. The view from the top of the mountain is breathtaking. I was one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. I felt like I was on top of the world.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I hadn't been here since I was a teenager and was skeptical of how I would like the mountain. Well I was pleasantly surprised! The trails were well groomed, moderately challenging and weren't crowded for a holiday which is always a plus! The views from the trails are absolutely stunning!! You have a panoramic view of the lakes region and surrounding mountains! Will definitely be making a few more trips here this winter!

1  Thank Kristie P
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Went here for my first ride of the season, was icy on the top by mid day, but nice overall Mtn and good services (free bag check and ski/board check). A good medium sized mountain.

1  Thank newportchappy
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Let me preface with this was my first visit to a ski area, so my opinions of what is expensive or crowded might not be accurate.

On day 1 we did snow tubing. It was confusing to figure out where to get our reserved tickets. In the end we picked them up in the welcome center. The lines at tubing were long, even though they sell a limited number of tickets for each 2 hour slot. In 2 hours, we managed 5 runs down the hill. To me that seemed slow, especially for the price paid for the ticket. The runs themselves were exhilarating and fun. There were lots of kids, and a large group of obnoxious teenagers waiting in the line.

On day 2 we went to the much calmer Nordic center and rented snowshoes (note: they have restrooms only in the form of a port-a-potty). It was $17 each for the snowshoes and $17 each for a trail pass. Again, I found that to be pricy. We were handed a trail map and sent on our way. The area hadn't had much snow, so the groomed trail, while easier to walk on, really only had about an inch of snow, and dirt and grass sometimes poked through. The snowshoe only trails (ungroomed) were a lot better. The woods were lovely. Snowshoeing is a lot harder than I imagined, and after about 2 hours I was ready to call it a day. Fun but exhausting. We also hardly passed another person, so it was calm and relaxing (especially compared to the regular ski area).

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I learned how to snowboard here and it was awesome! There are so many beginner trails on the mountain that even if you aren't experienced enough to go to the top you still get to enjoy some of the surrounding mountain scenery .. I've been coming here for years as I am more of a skier but I started snowboarding this passed month. There's a huge rental center and some good eats! This mountain is the place to be