“We keep coming back”

Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Gilford
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“We keep coming back”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Gunstock is a little gem! We love to camp here because it is close to home without needing to travel I-93, and the kids are constantly entertained. We purchase the fun passses for the kids - a bracelet allowing unlimited access to the canoes/kayaks/paddleboats, rock climbing wall, mini golf, skateboard park, and mountain bikes. We camp away from the field - drycamping (ie no hookups) is worth the solitude for us...but I won't tell you my favorite site, I don't want it discovered!! The staff is friendly, and the security is good with patrols by golf cart. The only dowside is that it is very hilly (of course, it's on a mountain!) so if you had mobility concerns it could be problematic. The sites are very big and the fire rings are stone (where we hide)/very nice to have a gathering around.

Visited July 2012

Lebanon, New Hampshire
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Mile Long Zip Line”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Cathy and I did not have any idea what to expect when we headed out to Gunstock Mt. We had never taken a Zip line ride and were a bit nervous. The employees working the zip line were very professional, friendly and informative. The view from the top of the mountian is worth the cost of the adventure alone. The Zip is one mile long broken into 2 lines. They prepare you for the trip by sending you go down 3 short runs before the big drop. I would say you drop about 2000 ft in a mile and can reach speeds of 65mph, if you do not break at all.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank JohnBourgon
Alton, New Hampshire
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Zip-Line Adventure”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was my 1st experience Zip-Lining and it was a blast! Even though I am "afraid of heights" I felt very safe and secure. It was a very well run operation with experienced guides who took care of securing you to the cables. The hardest part was walking up a metal spiral staircase carrying a backpack with your cable links. I would highly recommend Gunstock to anyone who is considering going Zip-Lining! You will not be disappointed.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank SandraNewHampshire
“A good place to bring the family...”
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

My family and I recently spent 4 nights camping at Gunstock Mountain Resort - our 5th such visit to this campground.
Since we went during the last week of August, all of NH's schoolchildren had already returned to class and the grounds were practically empty. We were 1 of maybe 5 families and the only tent campers to be found. As you can imagine, it was wonderfully peaceful and quiet with absolutely no waiting for showers, washers, etc.
The common grounds were spotless and impeccably landscaped with multiple staffmembers visible mowing the grass, emptying trashcans, etc. The poolwater was buggy and not the cleanest I've ever seen, but my kids thoroughly enjoyed having it all to themselves each day.
Our assigned campsite was very woodsy and spacious and was located right next to a water faucet as I had requested, but was hilly with numerous root systems and refuse from previous campers. We loved the fact that a staffperson drove by our isolated campsite each night at 11 pm just to make sure all was well - it made us feel safe and secure.
We swam and canoed in the lake which was a lot of fun, and played volleyball (with our own ball since we asked to borrow a volleyball and were instead given a soccerball - my son almost broke his fingers trying to lob that over the net).
There was no basketball hoop which was a disappointment to my 3 sons, but we brought our own games, so still kept busy and had a good time. We did not use the ziplines or segways as they were far too expensive for my large brood.
The staff we encountered was so-so: a woman testing the ph levels of the pool was very friendly to my kids, while the cashier in the gift shop had the personality of a pen cap. The person who checked us in upon arrival was rather abrupt, informing us that if we were not gone by 11am on the day of departure, we would be charged an extra night's fee. Apparently they were expecting numerous guests for the weekend.
Overall, a good time at a decent campground. We will probably return in the future.

Highland Lakes, New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Soulfest was the Best at Gunstock Mountian Resort”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Soulfest (8/1 to 8/04/2012) exists to celebrate and advance the love of God and love for neighbor through an annual festival of Music, Love and Action. It is our hope that all who attend are moved to answer God’s call to live relationally with God and neighbor in their communities and throughout the world and to take action against any injustice that crosses their path.
~ Camping is available during the summer, the Zip Line runs all day long and the skatepark is available for the teens to have fun!
A truly beautiful place to enjoy GREAT Christian Bands!

Visited August 2012