“A good place to bring the family...”

Gunstock Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Gilford
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

My family and I recently spent 4 nights camping at Gunstock Mountain Resort - our 5th such visit to this campground.
Since we went during the last week of August, all of NH's schoolchildren had already returned to class and the grounds were practically empty. We were 1 of maybe 5 families and the only tent campers to be found. As you can imagine, it was wonderfully peaceful and quiet with absolutely no waiting for showers, washers, etc.
The common grounds were spotless and impeccably landscaped with multiple staffmembers visible mowing the grass, emptying trashcans, etc. The poolwater was buggy and not the cleanest I've ever seen, but my kids thoroughly enjoyed having it all to themselves each day.
Our assigned campsite was very woodsy and spacious and was located right next to a water faucet as I had requested, but was hilly with numerous root systems and refuse from previous campers. We loved the fact that a staffperson drove by our isolated campsite each night at 11 pm just to make sure all was well - it made us feel safe and secure.
We swam and canoed in the lake which was a lot of fun, and played volleyball (with our own ball since we asked to borrow a volleyball and were instead given a soccerball - my son almost broke his fingers trying to lob that over the net).
There was no basketball hoop which was a disappointment to my 3 sons, but we brought our own games, so still kept busy and had a good time. We did not use the ziplines or segways as they were far too expensive for my large brood.
The staff we encountered was so-so: a woman testing the ph levels of the pool was very friendly to my kids, while the cashier in the gift shop had the personality of a pen cap. The person who checked us in upon arrival was rather abrupt, informing us that if we were not gone by 11am on the day of departure, we would be charged an extra night's fee. Apparently they were expecting numerous guests for the weekend.
Overall, a good time at a decent campground. We will probably return in the future.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"lake winnipesaukee"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Soulfest (8/1 to 8/04/2012) exists to celebrate and advance the love of God and love for neighbor through an annual festival of Music, Love and Action. It is our hope that all who attend are moved to answer God’s call to live relationally with God and neighbor in their communities and throughout the world and to take action against any injustice that crosses their path.
~ Camping is available during the summer, the Zip Line runs all day long and the skatepark is available for the teens to have fun!
A truly beautiful place to enjoy GREAT Christian Bands!

3  Thank jaynelwells
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Did the zip line tour on a beautiful day, couldn't be more enjoyable. The sights from the top of the mountain and zip line down were amazing and well worth every penny. A few staff seemed irritated to be at work but most were great. Would do this again in a heartbeat. Highly recommended!!

1  Thank Shane A
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We took our kids to the Gunstock Mountain Resort this summer and everyone had a great experience with the Aerial Treetop Adventures! The ropes courses are built into the natural environment of the pine trees and it was just beautiful to see the kids challenging themselves in new and exciting ways. This experience built their confidence and I can't wait until we can go back again! My boys, who are ages 8 and 11, went on the Explorer course for smaller kids. My daughter, who is 14, went on the Adult Aerial Treetop Adventure Course. I would recommend this awesome adventure. There were also zip lines, segways and much more to check out too.

1  Thank YHMSGH