“Very Good Sandwiches”

Sawyers
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Gilford
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I had a BLT and it was awesome. I hear the ice cream is good too, but I did not try it. The lobster roll looked really good, be prepared, the price is a little higher than I am used to, but I think for what you get it was fair. It was clean and the service was very good. They also have a good selection so everyone in your party can find something to eat and enjoy.

There are newer reviews for Sawyers

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We used to love to go to Sawyers!!!! But the last time I was there, about 2 years ago, very disappointed and extremely expensive! Where it is basically self service, for the price, I want to be served!
I've heard the food has since improved but the prices are very high. We may give it another try for the food portion.

We got ice cream there last year and that was very good. Can't complain about that. They have more seating there now which makes it a lot nicer if the weather is not cooperative, especially the bugs!!!

It is a landmark and we will probably give it another try!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We thought we would try a different "homemade ice cream" place. Definitely NOT worth the calories! The small was a kiddie small size and the ice cream wasn't really that good and was $5. I ordered the coconut joy, mostly coconut ice cream with a piece or two of chocolate chips. I wouldn't go back for sure. If your in gilford then head down towards weirs beach and at the rotary take a left towards laconia and stop at the Liliuokalani's...this is good home made ice cream and a small is VERY large!! For $5 now that one is worth the calories!!!

litchNH, Owner at Sawyers, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

We're sorry your ice cream experience at Sawyers was unsatisfactory.

When there are too little or too many pieces (according to some customers) in any ice cream you know it is definitely home made as ingredients are added by hand. Rarely, the ice cream maker (or the scooper) doesn't get it right.

As for sizes, once in a while the scoopers get confused and it is possible you paid for a small and received a kiddie. If you would identify yourself to me when in the area again we will make it right for you. In addition to Coconut Joy we have +- 50 flavors to choose from..

Also Denise, you might want to contact me directly to make an appointment to bring your grandchildren to Sawyers to see real "home made" ice cream being made. There are only a handful of us left in NH making ice creams from scratch.in batch freezers as opposed to coninuous flow.in which you get consistency but less quality.

Again thank you for your comments.

Kindest regards,

Larry and Pati Litchfield (the Ice Cream Maker), Owners

Reviewed July 17, 2014

It's summer, so ice cream follows dinner... frequently! We enjoy the simplicity of this family-friendly summer spot in Gilford, NH. There are many high quality flavors to choose from AND even a special treat for your canine friends, if they are along for the ride.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Nice lobster roll and fast service. Didn't like the helpers lurking around . Kind of weird. Self service place but helpers available ..outdoor tent for additional seating.

Been to Sawyers? Share your experiences!