Sawyer's is still one of the best, if not the best, roadside seafood/fried food/ice cream joint in New England.
Prices have gone up, but the quality remains. This is not fine dining, this is honest American food. We ate there 4 times in July. Here are some suggestions:
1) The small lobster roll is plenty big. Had it twice. Meat was perfectly cooked. Need to ask if you want butter.
2) Fried clam strips are the best I have ever had, hand's down.
3) Skip the fries or onion rings and go for the onion hearts. These are the best fried onion treats I have ever had.
4) Pulled port seems like an oddball on the menu, but the taste is very good. If you aren't having seafood, go for the pulled pork over a burger or chicken.
5) The ice cream is excellent. They tend to run out of pints of many flavors by Sunday, with restocking not happening until mid-to-late in the week. Go on Friday for the best selection.
Sawyer's is a throwback. I know there was a lot of hand-wringing about ownership changes and what not, but honestly, I can't tell the difference. It has been great for the 10+ years I have been going there.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.