“Fried Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sawyers
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Gilford
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
North Stonington, Connecticut
“Fried Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Love this place. Across the street from firesde.Busy in the summer. Family owned they care and want to please. I have NEVER had anything bad.Really good portions.

Visited August 2012

Blackwood, New Jersey
“annual clam fix”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Whole clams not available at home so they are a real treat when they are this ggod. Very casual, fast and good!

Visited June 2012
bethesda, md
“Excellent seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Went with my husband for a late lunch while camping at Ellacoya State Park on Lake Winnipesauke. My husband's scallops were outstanding and my belly clams were very good. The French fries were excellent. The clams and French fries were so generous we took some with us. Ate the clams cold to retain the crunch. I heated a non stick pan and refried with no additional oil, the French fries were excellent again. Fussy husband says the coffee was excellent.

Enjoyed talking with the owner who was working on his computer in the booth behind us. He sources his seafood from eastern Canada and makes a trip every fall to visit all of his suppliers.

• Visited July 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious food - not cheap!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

The food at Sawyers is fresh and delicious - but, as you would expect, is not cheap for a take out joint. Worth the stop though - had the whole belly clams, clam strips and lobster bisque and everyone enjoyed their meal!

Visited July 2012
Salem, Massachusetts
“Great spot for some seafood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

My mother and I re-discovered Sawyer's after she had been there a few years back with friends. In true New England fashion, we were looking for some seafood and something light to eat.

Mom ordered a lobster roll, which came very lightly dressed in mayo. She said it allowed you to taste the quality lobster meat. It was a bit pricey at $17 with no sides considering current market value for lobster, but Mom enjoyed it.

Not too hungry, I ordered the haddock bites. At $6 it may have been the best deal on the menu. There was a big pile of haddock in small bite sized pieces on top of a mound of French fries. The haddock was great, tasty chunks of fish with a light, non-greasy batter. Best I've ever had! Way too much food to finish, but worked out well to share fries with mom.

There were friendly high school or college aged students who were happy to bring over your tray of food when the order was ready.

We didn't indulge in ice cream since we stuffed ourselves silly with seafood and fries. The atmosphere was family friendly and reminded me of a place I went with my grandparents as a kid. I'd definitely return to Sawyer's in the future!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Sawyers? Share your experiences!