“Cute decor, ok food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This was a cute place, with a couple minor issues.

Pros:
-Nice vegetarian choices
-Good root veggie soup
-Tasty homemade chips
-Overall ok flavors on the sandwiches
-Quirky decor

Cons:
-It took 10-15 min for anyone to take our order or even to check on us.
-My baguette bread was more like Italian sub bread, thick and more bread than sandwich.
-My boyfriend's turkey and pear sandwich, while tasty, totally fell apart and had to be eaten with a fork and knife.
-They gave us the check without asking if we wanted dessert (and while we were still eating).

1  Thank waterangel21
firebratl, Owner at Kitchen Cravings, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

I am sorry that your experience with us was not up to our norm. If you do give us another try let me know and I will buy you breakfast. Thank you.. Bill

There are newer reviews for Kitchen Cravings

Reviewed December 19, 2013

A family operation that produces consistently excellent food for breakfast & lunch. Most items are made from scratch, including homemade English Muffins and a very tasty but unusual corned beef hash that does not have the seemingly artificial color you usually expect. A variety of omelets, infused as well as French style puffy omelets. Good bacon and home fries. Good fried sweet potatoes. Goof burgers. Mostly diner food but done with are and love by long time locals, We are there at least 3 or 4 times a week. They have some gluten free items on the menu, as well as home made pastries and whoppi pies.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were in town visiting relatives and met at Kitchen Cravings for breakfast. There were 8 of us and we were seated right away. There was enough room at our table and the waitress was friendly, offering coffee to everyone as they came in (we didn't all arrive at once). We all ordered our breakfast, and the portions were HUGE! I had an omelet, which was very good- and others ordered a variety of things from the extensive breakfast menu. For 8 people the check was $115 and some change without the tip.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

As locals to the area, we get to hear the true stories behind the eateries in our neighborhood. For years we have been hearing about the good quality of the food, however the high price of said food. Well today was out first AND FINAL visit to this so called "quaint restaurant".
First, let me tell you the atmosphere is a nice quaint farm kitchen style atmosphere inside that reminded me of the days on my great grandmothers farm. This is where the good stops.
As you walk in the door, there is a sign that says "WE BELIEVE IN KARMA" well I hope so because the karma after you get seated is very poor. First, you get seated at a tiny table in cramped quarters to maximize profits. Secondly you get handed a menu and asked if you would like some coffee (at least for breakfast, I will never experience lunch there). Pretty basic service at best. BE FORWARNED LOOK AT THE MENU BEFORE YOU SAY YES TO ANYTHING AS COFFEE IS $2.20 per cup. Now as you drink you "gold" coffee, you peruse a menu with an amazing amount of food choices listed, ALL AT EVENING DINNER PRICES!!
AT this point comes warning number two. If you choose to order an omelet and do not want to pay steak dinner prices for a three egg omelet, YOU NEED TO REMEMBER TO SAY INFUSED as the waitresses will kindly forget to ask you which choice of omelet you want. You see, they advertise a "plain egg omelet" for $6.00 and above that a "French style" omelet for $13.00 (really, $13.00 for three eggs and some cut up vegetables) well look a the buried in small print to see that the word infused is attached to the plain egg omelet, otherwise you will be paying a prime rib dinner price for three eggs, vegetables, cheese, some toast, and an ice cream scoop of home fries and the wrong cheese in your breakfast (and please do not ask for a side of mustard for your home fries, as you will never see it).
So after you have your "dining experience" you get your bill, which shocker is $33.15 for two cups of coffee and two omelets. The previous night my wife and I went to the Italian Farmhouse in Plymouth and paid just $5.00 more than that for home made Italian dinners and much better atmosphere. Please, just pay and leave as what comes after is a true slap in the face bad karma. First, your waitress will talk down to you somewhat rudely, but yet make a futile attempt to appease you and take less than 10% off the bill ($3.00 actually). Then the owner will cash you out, without even asking how everything was. Fortunately for us, the waitress pointed her out as the owner so I took this opportunity to again question the fact that we thought we were getting one omelet on got the other (WHICH BY THE WAY LOOKED AND TASTED NO DIFFERENT THAN A REGULAR THREE EGG OMELET ANYWHERE ELSE). She had some lame excuse about everything costing extra in a plain egg omelet and had an incredible " I don't care" attitude.
Hopefully, all her local customers do not get treated this way when they have an issue, otherwise this place may not be here when some of the summer regulars come back and try and find the place. I can definitely say my family will not become one of the local regulars, as this was one really large shot of bad karma.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was just about the best breakfast place I have eaten at. They had a huge selection - and very interesting and healthy food. My mum loved the waffles. There were many gluten-free options for me too - a nice surprise because many breakfast places do not have much (or any) choice for me. The waitress was friendly and the atmosphere was fun - quaint and quirky - a lot of fun.

Been to Kitchen Cravings? Share your experiences!