“new expansion”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2013

this was a very small tight seating restaurant they expanded out and up very comfortable they have a seating area like your living room fireplace all tongue and groove barn sideing inside very rustic the bar area is the topic very comfy/oval out door seating not much of a view garden setting wide variety of meals but they have deals certain daysmonday over-sized burgers 5.00 thosday night prime ribs 13.99 large music on certain nights

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is an old barn converted into a two level restaurant. We stopped by on a Thursday night arriving at about 7:30 PM. Thursday night has an advertised prime rib special but we were told that the prime rib was sold out. Looking at their regular menu, the prices were a bit high but if the food is good I am willing to pay a little extra. We ordered the bruschetta as an appetizer and it was well prepared and very good. At this point, I am thinking that we are in for a good meal and the prices are justified.

For the entree, I ordered steak tips with the advertised home-made french fries. The steak tips were average at best, the marinade was unremarkable and the french fries were terrible. I'll give them credit for trying to make homemade fries but they failed in their attempt, the fries were overcooked and glistening with grease when they were served. They looked like they had tried to heat up previously cooked fries.

On the other hand, my wife had a chicken taco salad that she reported as very good. The server was friendly and attentive and the food was delivered on time. Unfortunately, the food is not worth the price charged. We didn't bother to stay for dessert and decided that the experience was unremarkable and there are better places in the area to spend our restaurant dollars. The overall experience wasn't horrible but then again it wasn't good enough to get me to stop in again.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

It was very busy because it was $5 burger night. We had the pulled pork quesadilla and the spinach artichoke dip for appetizers and both were excellent. The burger was good, but not cooked as ordered. We had to flag the server down for refills and other needs.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

stopped in with friends. place wasn't busy. food came out in reasonable time. food was good. rice was cold, veg luke warm. server was very pleasant.

1  Thank Eric W
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I just found this place over the winter when skiing at Gunstock. I went with a friend for post skiing drinks and wings and decided to go back for dinner in June with my wife. It looks like an old general store in the front, so it looks deceiving. The restaurant is around the side. The inside decor is very cool - like an old barn. The waitstaff is incredibly friendly and responsive and the food is amazing. We ordered calamari for an appetizer at the same time we ordered drinks; the calamari it came out before the drinks. The drinks followed very quickly. The calamari was outstanding. It was cooked perfectly and they served some hot peppers with it and a very nice sauce. It was like a creamy, spicy red sauce. My wife had the bacon wrapped filet mignon and I had the lamb shank. Both were outstanding. The lamb fell off the bone and was really tasty. My wife said the filet was one of the best she ever had. Overall a great experience; outstanding food, service and ambiance. We will absolutely return to Ellacoya.

Been to Ellacoya Barn & Grille? Share your experiences!