“I like the barn decor but the food quality was variable”

Ellacoya Barn & Grille
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Gilford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Belmont, New Hampshire
“I like the barn decor but the food quality was variable”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is an old barn converted into a two level restaurant. We stopped by on a Thursday night arriving at about 7:30 PM. Thursday night has an advertised prime rib special but we were told that the prime rib was sold out. Looking at their regular menu, the prices were a bit high but if the food is good I am willing to pay a little extra. We ordered the bruschetta as an appetizer and it was well prepared and very good. At this point, I am thinking that we are in for a good meal and the prices are justified.

For the entree, I ordered steak tips with the advertised home-made french fries. The steak tips were average at best, the marinade was unremarkable and the french fries were terrible. I'll give them credit for trying to make homemade fries but they failed in their attempt, the fries were overcooked and glistening with grease when they were served. They looked like they had tried to heat up previously cooked fries.

On the other hand, my wife had a chicken taco salad that she reported as very good. The server was friendly and attentive and the food was delivered on time. Unfortunately, the food is not worth the price charged. We didn't bother to stay for dessert and decided that the experience was unremarkable and there are better places in the area to spend our restaurant dollars. The overall experience wasn't horrible but then again it wasn't good enough to get me to stop in again.

• Visited August 2013

“Overall very good”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

It was very busy because it was $5 burger night. We had the pulled pork quesadilla and the spinach artichoke dip for appetizers and both were excellent. The burger was good, but not cooked as ordered. We had to flag the server down for refills and other needs.

• Visited July 2013
Tilton, New Hampshire, United States
“good, but needs work”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

stopped in with friends. place wasn't busy. food came out in reasonable time. food was good. rice was cold, veg luke warm. server was very pleasant.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Eric W
Dunstable, MA
“Hidden Gem in Gilord NH”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I just found this place over the winter when skiing at Gunstock. I went with a friend for post skiing drinks and wings and decided to go back for dinner in June with my wife. It looks like an old general store in the front, so it looks deceiving. The restaurant is around the side. The inside decor is very cool - like an old barn. The waitstaff is incredibly friendly and responsive and the food is amazing. We ordered calamari for an appetizer at the same time we ordered drinks; the calamari it came out before the drinks. The drinks followed very quickly. The calamari was outstanding. It was cooked perfectly and they served some hot peppers with it and a very nice sauce. It was like a creamy, spicy red sauce. My wife had the bacon wrapped filet mignon and I had the lamb shank. Both were outstanding. The lamb fell off the bone and was really tasty. My wife said the filet was one of the best she ever had. Overall a great experience; outstanding food, service and ambiance. We will absolutely return to Ellacoya.

Visited June 2013
center harbor
“Always a favorite....”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This restaurant is very consistent with good food and flavors. It seems each time we go there we always comment about the great meal we had. The last visit we had lunch and the burger my BF had was great, I had the French Dip......it was abundant with lean beef, I wound up taking most of it home. Service was prompt and pleasant. We continue to enjoy this place and nice to see that they are adding on......they must be doing something right.

• Visited April 2013