“Really Nice Place to Stay”

TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Gilford
Hingham, Massachusetts
“Really Nice Place to Stay”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I stayed two nights at this hotel over the Columbus Day weekend. We
checked in around 11:00 p.m. on Friday night. This is a very popular place to stay. The
parking lot was totally full. We had reserved a Studio with a king bed. The rate for this
room was $189.00 per night, but I used Marriott rewards points (40K) for the two nights.

Check in was breeze and our room was perfect. It had a full kitchen, pull out table, 32
inch flat screen TV and a modern bathroom. The free continental breakfast was complete
with bagels, cereal, oatmeal, etc. The staff kept the dining area clean and stocked.

The location is minutes from the outlet shops, Gunstock Mt., Lake Winnepasakie, and
many restaurants.

Maid service was done daily and there was coffee in the lobby 24hrs a day. Parking is free.

Check out was a breeze and the bill was $0.00.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DOTTOD9, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed yoru staff and your check in and out was a breeze. We do have it all here for our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again soon. It is always nice to be able to use your Marriott Rewards points.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have family in the area and very sadly attended a memorial this visit. Many of our family stayed in the hotel including my 80+ mother in law. I travel for business and pleaseure often staying at the Marriott. This small town Marriott does a big city job with the hotel and the staff! We are returning in a couple of weeks and look forward to the stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
DOTTOD9, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
We are deighted that you enjoyed your stay although we are sorry for the reason. We look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks. Thank you for the compliments. We do have a great team here at TownePlace Gilford
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I recently visited the region and found ourselves without accommodations. A quick call to the TownePlace Suites in Gilford and we had an immediate reservation! Not only that they welcomed us to check in early at no extra charge. The room was spacious, immaculate, and had everything we could ever want or need for our overnight stay. The staff was more than kind and generous with there assistance and pleasant attitude. I would stay there any time and look forward to a return visit! I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. What you experience is typical of our team here at TownePlace Gilford.

We look forward to seeing you again.
park city, ut
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My partner and I spent a week at this hotel and I was very happy with the accommodations and staff. There were several other members of the US Telemark Ski Team staying at the hotel the same week. Every room I saw was laid out similarly, with a small kitchen area and closet inside the door, then opened up to a seating area and nice bed. The couch had a nice ottoman, and also converted to a bed (nice if we had more than 2 of us or if I had said something stupid enough to get kicked to the couch). Everything was rather modern and clean. The provided dishwasher and dishes were a nice perk as well.

The breakfast was also a nice benefit. The staff was always courteous and quick with a recommendation for local dining.

Also, the hotel has a nice ski tuning/waxing room which was well used by myself and my teammates throughout our stay.

Room Tip: Every room I saw was similar, and I don't think you can go wrong here.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
I love your comments. Hopefully you never do anything "stupid" enough to get kicked on the couch but the hotel can definately take care of that for you.

We look forward to seeing you again. We do have it all to take care of your one night or weeks stay at TownePlace Gilford
Gorham, Maine
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I attended a concert at Meadowbrook-US Cellular Pavilion. Rather than drive 2 hours home after the show we booked a room at the Towneplace Suites. The room was ready when we arrived at 3:00. The room was mostly clean (there was an empty box of crackers in the trashcan) and in good condition. When we were getting ready for the show my wife noted that there are no full length mirrors in the room. We had not run across that in other Marriotts. It took about 8 minutes to arrive at Meadowbrook. I think we lucked out in getting out after the show, as we were back at the hotel about 15 minutes after getting to our car. Based on the cars in the parking lot the next morning that were not there when we came back, I expect other folks took much longer. Anyway, I would recommend this hotel to anyone attending a show. We did have continental breakfast the next morning. The coffee was good. Very basic breakfast but it was filling and free. We had a king size bed, which we both noticed seemed to sag into the middle, but we did get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DOTTOD9, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, We are definately convenient to Meadowbrook and many enjoy the hotel and the venue for concerts. We hope to see you again in the future
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here after attending a concert at Meadowbrook (which is located right down the highway, >10 min away) This was my fourth time staying here and I will most definitely be back. Three of us stayed in a 2 queen studio and it was spacious and very clean - I have high standards for cleanliness and have never been dissapointed in the several times I have stayed here. Love the modern look here and that there are full functioning kitchens. The beds were really comfortable and even after a long night I woke up feeling refreshed. Wish we stayed for the free breakfast but unfortunately had to get on the road home. I will say the breakfast is worth checking out though. Typically free breakfast at a hotel = cereal and some bagels... Ehh, boring. Here, yeah you can have cereal if you like, but they also have a waffle maker and a variety of pastries. Basically, this hotel sets the standard and other places should take note. The staff here are SO friendly and helpful, too. They are knowledgable about the area and offer coupons to local restaurants. This hotel is the reason I signed up to be a Marriott rewards member, just saying!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
We are delighted that you enjoy our hotel and hope to continue to see you in the future. The staff is great and is always ready to put you in the direction of a shortcut or fablous meal and with coupons to boot. Our breakfast is worth checking out but we do not have waffles. Hope to see you again this summer for another getaway or another show at Meadowbrook.
Hanover, NH
Reviewed May 22, 2012

When you take a look at what needs to be in place to have a successful hotel, and satisfied guests the list doesn't seem as if it would be that long. That said, there are elements of the TownePalce Suites in Gilford, NH that will have you asking, "why didn't I think of that ?"
Somehow in a space on slightly larger than a normal hotel room the designers have fit in a large closet, almost full size kitchen, lots of storage, a great work station, and a combo foot stool/table that is just plain ingenious !
Easy to get to, on site parking, indoor pool, friendly staff...I think the only downside might be the inability to walk to much of anything.
Two big THUMBS UP for this Marriott property.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank thoytnh
DOTTOD9, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you very much for the comments. I completely agree with what will they think of next, Our Studio Suites give you all the features of home and our staff is always there to assist with all your needs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilford
Hampton Inn and Suites Tilton
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee
The Margate Resort
The Margate Resort
#3 of 13 in Laconia

Been to TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford? Share your experiences!