“Wonderful experience”
Review of Franconia Inn

Franconia Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Franconia B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Franconia Inn for our 10th Anniversary. We did the Spring into Summer package, and we were absolutely thrilled with the experience. This package covered our room as well as dinner & breakfast for each day. We were extremely impressed with the food choices & quality (and quantity!) and the staff was great as well. I will be highly recommending the Inn to others who want a nice getaway in a beautiful location!

Room Tip: Check out their website for packages available and see if you can get one that includes the meals...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We used the recent Groupon for this inn and spent 3 nights here -- and have a lovely time. The inn is a bit dated decor-wise but it is still very comfortable. We used the bikes that are available on site to cycle into town. The hiking paths behind inn are wonderful, as is the stream that runs through the property (and it is swimmable!). Staff were warm and hospitable. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank veejayus
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I came here by myself as a graduation gift to myself and I had a wonderful time! To begin with the Inn is very nice and comfortable. I came during an off season so it was very quiet and I liked it that way. There are no phones or tvs in the rooms which makes for a very remote getaway feel. Each time that I returned to the Inn from a day's adventure I felt as though I was rerturning home (it felt that cozy). Because it was during an off season at one point I was going to be the only person staying there. It was a little bit scary but I was determined to be brave. Then, lo and behold, a couple showed up!! I was very thankful. I found out they've been coming here around this time for the last 20 or some odd years! They were celebrating their anniversary. In any case, they became my buddies and we had a great time together.

The food in the Inn is INCREDIBLE!! I enjoyed every meal. The surrounding area is beautiful and the people in Franconia are very kind and friendly. At one point I biked to the village to have lunch. I stopped for a moment because I was having trouble with the seat. A kind man saw me as he was driving by. He actually pulled to the side of the road and came to help me. I was blown away by that! I had a chance to hike up the Franconia Notch to see the Gorge. I also saw The Basin--quite beautiful sites. On my last day I went horseback riding at the Franconia Stables and had a lovely ride.

All in all, I had a very enjoyable stay and highly recommend this place!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Whether you love hiking, biking, downhill skiing, XC skiing, running, horseback riding, or just scenic drives, the Franconia Inn is perfectly situated and stocked for all. My team travels to the Inn each May for our annual training weekend. We spend all of Saturday biking and running and return to the inn for a soak in the luxurious hot tub, followed by an absolutely amazing 4-course dinner in the dining room. We then retire to the basement bar area for board games, foosball, movies, and other fun activities. Finally we crawl to our comfortable and cozy rooms for a well-deserved night of sleep. The staff are attentive and accommodating, leaving pitchers of water on our tables for easy rehydration after a day in the sunny mountains. The Inn is close to numerous hikes in the Pemigewasset Wilderness and would be a great place to relax after a long day-hike. My final piece of advice is to try the pancake special at breakfast. Both days I was there the pancakes were incredible!

Room Tip: If you're traveling as a family or a close-knit group, ask about the Cottage. The first floor h...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We just returned from a stay at the Inn. We were warmly greeted by the staff and we were able to check in a bit early. The room was very pleasant and quaintly appointed. (if your looking for typical Hilton furnishings, this is not the place for you), but if your looking for a unique inn with history, this is the place for you. Pool was open and will be heated soon, the dining room was cozy and the food was Excellent. Our waiter was very attentive but not interupting at all. Breakfast was very good as well. The grounds have pastures and horses grazing, clay tennis court, and near the airfield for a glider ride. Bike rentals also available. We would return to the Inn anytime. Looking forward to making a reservation for a Fall weekend getaway. Great deal, clean,and very warm...Treat yourself. G & B LeBlanc, Marlborough, NH

Room Tip: Ask for end rooms for a quieter stay
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Scubaguy10
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We had a worst experience there, I almost thought about leaving in the middle of the night. The place is old, with very old furniture and 40 years old blankets, dusty and uninviting. Many people come there to have parties, so don't expect to have any sleep, as they were very loud, drinking and slamming doors all night. The heat is so loud and very poor, that kept us awake after the guests finally quieted down.We waited about 1 hour for the breakfast, and finally when asked, they realized that they are forgotten our order. Bed and breakfast place supposed to be clean, cozy and quite, but this is exactly opposite experience we had.Unless you come with a big company and expect to be drunk and pass out so you don't notice any details, this place is absolutely not for quiet relaxing weekend

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Iryna C
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Went to the Springtime Walkabout Quilt Retreat sponsored by One Stitch Two Stitch at the Franconia Inn and had a blast. The rooms are beautiful and clean, food was excellent and the owners and staff allowed us to "own" the place.
djs

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank djean59
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franconia
Best Western White Mountain Inn
#1 of 4 in Sugar Hill
Lovett's Inn
Lovett's Inn
#5 of 5 in Franconia

Been to Franconia Inn? Share your experiences!