I've stayed here twice this month because I liked it so much. It got really cold both times but the rooms stayed warm and cozy. The beds are comfortable, the linens were nice--the quilt was a real quilt. The shower was good. The fridge and microwave worked well and everything was really clean. I have bad allergies--no problems at all at this hotel.
The riverside rooms are bigger but the rooms in hill building were nice too. I stayed on the second floor both times. The swing by the river is divine at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A traditional New England family-owned and operated motel featuring clean, comfortable, affordable and friendly lodging in the White Mountain region of New Hampshire. Located on the banks of the tranquil Gale River, Hillwinds is located near all major seasonal attractions and is only three miles from Cannon Mountain and the Franconia Notch State Park, home of the Flume Gorge and great hilking opportunities. Rates include complimentary continental breakfast, in-room coffee and fridge, free wi-fi, and guest computer and lending library. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Hillwinds Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillwinds Hotel Franconia
- Hillwinds Lodge Franconia, NH - White Mountains