“I will come back!”

Best Western White Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Franconia
Reviewed June 29, 2010

After reading some other review, i thought they were a little bit harsh on this property. The room that we had was nice and updated. It smelt fresh, bed was comfortable. THe hallways were nice and clean. They dont have a restaurant which is not a problem bcoz there were many to choose from. Overall a good hotel!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
bwfranconia, Manager at Best Western White Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2010

Let me start by thanking you for completing the trip advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.
Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Reviewed April 9, 2010

I booked 3 nights in this hotel before I checked previous reviews. Since there was no chance for cancellation, I was very nervous on the way there. And what a suprise ,our room was big and very clean, no bad smell (little bit in the lobby), staff were very friendly . Towels and beds change every day, location very convenient to explore amazing White Mountain National Forest. Will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
bwfranconia, Manager at Best Western White Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2010

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Denise Deery

Reviewed February 28, 2010

The place looks really cool from the front/outside, but the inside is somewhat dated. Our room was clean but the doors were thin. I was pretty surprised that there were only 2 bath towels in the bathroom. I went to the front desk and was given a new one on our second day. (We didn't use maid service.) In an effort to be green, I believe, there was a soap/lotion dispenser on the bathroom wall, but we weren't given any complimentary soap bars, and don't travel with any so that was a bit tricky.
The room had a new flat screen tv and we got all basic cable channels. We also had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and free hi-speed internet.
I saw a wall of arcade games in the basement but they all looked off. The pool was decent looking, as was the hot tub. (It's an above ground hot tub so you have to climb a step ladder to get in to it.) There was a sauna in the women's locker room. We didn't use any of these amenities.
The continental breakfast had bagels, english muffins, coffee, and tea. The juice machine was broken.
The on-site restaurant must have been closed for the season because when we asked if there was one the front desk staff said no. We went to Top of the Notch bar/restaurant and heard a really good band on Friday night. Saturday night we drove down to Lincoln, which took about 20 minutes.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Pookie15, Manager at Best Western White Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2010

Thank you in advance for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are a green hotel and have dispensers on the shower and near the sink for the convenience of our guests. We also offer Soap, Shampoo, and all sorts of amenities should our guests need anything at the front desk.

Reviewed January 10, 2010

This hotel, despite its name, is not in any way a resort. It is a budget motel charging a 30% more than the next door Value Inn and offering about the same experience.
When we checked into our room, it looked relatively clean but when we went into the bathroom we found two wet bathing suits and a used towel in the tub. How did that happen?
Quick rundown on the "hotel ammenities" listed: (1) indoor pool - it's there, but it's not heated, (2) hot tub - out of order, (3) sauna - never saw one, (4) fitness center - not bad, a half-dozen machines, (5) game room - six machines in a hallway, 2 broken, 1 unplugged, 3 working but from the 1908s, (6) guest laundry - yes (7) business center - basic and functioning, (8) restaurant - closed for the season.
The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful, but Best Western hasn't given them much to work with. Great staff, but poorly maintained facility. Not recommended.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank architecturalptg
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I booked this hotel before reading the reviews. Once I did, I was tempted to cancel the reservation but it was a good price and in a good location for what we wanted to do and we were only staying for 1 night. Was surprised then when we checked in that everything was just fine!! Clean rooms - nice pool & hot tub which we did use. It was nice that they had a restaurant on site as we got in fairly late after a long drive and didn't really want to go out again that night. Food was diner style but good and adequate for the price. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2009

The building is nice from the outside, but don't let that fool you! Although the rooms are recently remodeled and there are flat screen TV's, this place is still a dump! I forgot to ask for a non-smoking room and the first time I opened the door, I couldn't believe the stench! Fortunately, they had another room. I can't believe there are still hotel chains that allow smoking, Yuck! Our second room was clean, but the bathroom door wouldn't close all the way and the light periodically would hum loudly-time to change the ballast!
I had a salad in the restaurant at night and the food looked decent, so we went there for breakfast and the food was awful. They actually served my wife's coffee in a soup bowl instead of a mug! Go to Polly's or the diner in Littleton and do yourself a favor and don't eat breakfast in this dump of a restaurant.
The pool area was the clincher for this place. We were obviously the first people in the place in the morning and you could still count the band-aids by the side of the pool. I opened the hot tub cover and it looked like someone's dirty bathwater. The kicker was that it wasn't even working, though I wouldn't have gone in since I'm not up on all my shots! The sauna wasn't working and had an empty beer can in it and all the chairs by the side of the pool are rusting and the crud was all over the floor. Half-repaired holes in the wall and rusting fixtures complete this mis-managed dump of a facility. If you are in the area go to the Hampton Inn in Littleton for a great hotel!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank toonjie
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Room was clean, roomy, comfortable and affordable. We dined at the on site restaurant twice. It's adequate, but could be better. A complimentary continental breakfast would have been nice. The rest of our stay we dined in Littleton, which is very close by and has a large selection of restaurants. The hotel is close to most area attractions.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franconia
Hampton Inn Littleton
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge
#4 of 5 in Franconia
Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa

Been to Best Western White Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!