This was our third stay at the Best Western White Mountain Inn, but our first in several years.
Would we stay here again? Yes. Would we recommend it to a friend? Yes, with a few warnings.
The first time we stayed here, we had nothing but positive things to say. It was a very reasonable price, a fantastic location, well appointed rooms, an indoor pool and a nice restaurant. The facility was a little old and thus worn, but great accommodations for the price we paid.
The second time we visited, the restaurant has under construction and, as compensation, the hotel was offering a complimentary continental breakfast in a small room off the lobby. The breakfast was horrible. In addition, the hotel was replacing furniture in the rooms and the moving was annoying and intrusive. (Not really the hotel’s fault, just bad timing for us.)
Making reservations this year, the website advertised a complimentary breakfast with eggs and other hot items. We assumed the restaurant had been reopened. After all, it had been a few years since our last visit.
We assumed wrong. The restaurant was still closed. The breakfast was the same horrible continental breakfast with the addition of some warmers featuring inedible eggs and some meats we were afraid to try. They did add a waffle maker, which was the only positive. After our first experience, we chose to eat OUT.
Here are my pros and cons:
• Fantastic location – beautiful view, lovely small town, close to everything.
• Rooms include coffee maker, microwave and fridge – HUGE benefits!
• Rooms have been updated. Ours had new furniture, new bedding and new carpeting. (And contrary to other reviews, there WERE blankets on the beds.)
• Indoor pool/hot tub are great – particularly if you get stuck with a rainy day.
• Front desk sells tickets to many local attractions – a nice time-saver.
• They allow pets, which is a good thing if you’re traveling with one. Maybe not so much if you’re stuck in a room next door to a dog who barks at every sound it hears.
• Coffee and cookies available in the lobby.
• Friendly staff.
• The breakfast is horrible. I’d rather they cut the booking price by $5 or $10 and eliminate the breakfast. With a microwave, refrigerator and coffee-maker in the room, guests can bring their own continental breakfast or go OUT to eat if they want more. Offering an EXTRA that is of very POOR quality makes a worse impression than not offering the extra at all.
• Not really the hotel’s fault, but the room doors tend to want to slam shut if not closed carefully. We were awakened every day at 6:30, when the slamming of the doors began. (This was often accompanied by the barking of the dogs!)
• There is no elevator. This was our first year staying on the second floor. Guests have to carry thier bags up the spiral staircase, shown in the hotel photo on the website. (To be fair, the staff does offer to help, if needed.)
We really like the location and the extras provided in the room. We wouldn’t hesitate to book here again. I think the facility has more positives than negatives, so long as you book with reasonable expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN White Mountain Inn is an outdoor enthusiast's dream! Located in Franconia, this New Hampshire hotel proudly offers the best in customer service and amenities at an affordable rate. Guests staying at this Franconia inn will be a short distance from Cannon Mountain Ski Park, Loon Mountain Ski Resort and the Wildcat Mountain Ski area. Other nearby outdoor activities include hiking, biking and golf. Favorite attractions in Franconia include the Mount Washington Auto Road, Mt. Washington Cog Railway and Santa's Village. This Franconia, New Hampshire hotel offers spaciously-appointed guest rooms, each complete with high-speed Internet access and cable satellite television. This 100% non-smoking hotel features a complimentary hot breakfast each morning. Additional amenities at this New Hampshire inn include an larhe heated indoor swimming pool and hot tub, fitness center, steam room and guest laundry. Business travelers will appreciate the hotel's business services and meeting facilities. Pets are welcome with restrictions. For superior customer service and a convenient location in Franconia, New Hampshire, make a reservation at the BEST WESTERN White Mountain Inn! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Best Western, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western White Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western White Mountain Hotel Franconia
- Best Western Franconia
- Franconia Best Western
- Best Western White Mountain Resort
- Best Western White Mountain Inn Franconia, NH - White Mountains