Best Western White Mountain Inn
Eastgate Inn(Littleton)
Thayers Inn(Littleton)
Littleton Motel(Littleton)
View Hotel
All reviewswafflesoff the highwayfront desk staffsanta's villagebreakfast roompool and hot tubbreakfast was includednice stayeasy accesswould definitely stay here againbeautiful areaone night staybretton woodsnice roomlocal attractionsnew hampshirefranconia notch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Our stay at white Mountain Inn was a nice break after a long day on the road. The rooms were of good quality but a little aged. Breakfast has good variety and the staff was very helpful. Heated pool was cooler than we expected.

• Stayed: October 2012
bwfranconia, General Manager at Best Western White Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for sharing your review! We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your break and our hotel. Our staff prides itself on being a big help to our guests, so we will be sure to pass along your kind words.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I toyed between rating this hotel at three or four stars, but settled on four. The location is extremely convenient and easy to find -- the hotel is right off the highway, set apart in a rural area. We had a beautiful view of the mountains from our second floor room. The room was adequate in every way -- clean, decent size, perhaps a bit outdated or plain in its decor but perfectly fine for us. No smoking was allowed anywhere in the building (yay). I had requested a quiet area of the hotel if possible and we did get a second floor room right at the end of the hallway with another room on only one side of us -- the bump up to four stars is for this thoughtfulness. The other bump comes from the fact that this hotel allowed a reservation for just one night, when many of the hotels I looked into in the White Mountains required a two-night stay or longer.

We didn't use any of the facilities (pool, hot tub, fitness room) but we did enjoy the free breakfast. Unfortunately everyone in the hotel seemed to choose the same time for breakfast, so the small breakfast area was crowded and there weren't enough tables. That would be my one major suggestion -- that they increase the size and capacity of their breakfast area. We did notice the continued renovation of the siding on the outside of the hotel but that didn't bother us. Overall we were satisfied with our stay, appreciative of the quiet room, and happy with the convenience and beautiful mountain view.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room (if you don't mind stairs -- there are no elevators) and a mountain view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FLRD
bwfranconia, General Manager at Best Western White Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for the 4 star review! Part of what makes our hotel unique is our willingness to go above and beyond for our guests, we’re glad you got to experience that firsthand! Please visit us again next time you are in Franconia.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stay in hotels every week for work, and this is the worst hotel to date I have stayed in. The pictures are definitely misleading. If you want to pay a lot of money for a hotel that does not live up to what they tell you you are getting. This is NOT a 3 star, it ranks more like a 1 star. I have stayed in Homewood suites/Hiltons, for less than I paid here. Well over 400 dollars for 3 nights and it does not have security. The rooms are not secure, I do not feel safe here. The doors to get into the hotel are unlocked and open for anyone to come in. Not secure! I am extremely upset with this and probably won't sleep. Thanks for the rude employee to boot that so welcomed me when I arrived. She made me feel like I was trying to get the room for free. And also, don't forget the cleanliness of it, wow, disgusting bathroom, ac/heater looks like it is falling of the wall, just not a good place. DO NOT stay here. Over priced!

Room Tip: Don't stay here then you won't have to worry about this!I took a video of this room and will be posting it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Donna f
bwfranconia, General Manager at Best Western White Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Sorry to hear you weren’t pleased with the price of your room. We aim to keep our rates competitive and are comparable with similarly priced hotels in the area. Our staff prides itself on customer service and cleanliness and we take all comments about our hotel seriously. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Room was clean and comfortable. Staff helped get a room close to the lobby for my elderly father. Complimentary continental breakfast included yogurt, fruit salad, bagels, waffles. TV reception was fine, but there is no cell phone service in the immediate area, and the wifi is slow. The one PC in the lobby with a printer is slow. We had an one night stay on vacation, so the tech issues were not critical. The only comparable chain is on the other side of Littleton and was much more expensive the weekend we booked, so I consider our stay a good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! We are glad you and your father enjoyed your stay. Our staff always strives to help our guests and go above and beyond expectations. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had heard good things about this place and it appeared really nice. I seen online there was some note about exterior renovations going on, but it looked really bad with the siding half off. The rooms were nice, but the pool was COLD, brrr... the hot tub was nice but the pool was really chilly.

All things considered I think i would stay somewhere else unless your doing activities very near the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
bwfranconia, General Manager at Best Western White Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for sharing this feedback, we apologize for not exceeding expectations on your recent stay. Please know that we do use your feedback to improve overall guest experience. We expect to have the renovations completed soon and hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.