“The scenery and the hosts are great!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Franconia
Franconia Notch Guest House
Ranked #3 of 5 Franconia B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful place to stay. When we got there, we were the only ones there. There was a sign to make ourselves comfortable. We made ourselves comfortable in our room then sat out on the back deck and took in the wonderful scenery. Later Tom and Pauline arrived and were so friendly. The bed was comfortable, the breakfast was very good and Tom had good suggestions for sightseeing. We took his advice for a drive and it was wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lizaguire
There are newer reviews for Franconia Notch Guest House

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Pauline & Tom are excellent hosts, they think of every creature comfort and then some. Like starting up the wood fire stove before we woke up as it was chilly in the mornings, making us dinner reservations (and advising on the restaurant options in the area), and alerting us when there was a black bear on the property (! but far away from the buildings, as the property is quite deep).

Of course the usual amenities were present in the room like flat screen TV, large & luxurious bathroom, large bed with cozy bedding, etc. And the location was just slightly away from the town so that it's very close (a two minute drive) but quiet, very close to Franconia Notch.

My only regret was that we couldn't stay longer!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eLizzyC
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at the guest house for two nights and it was great. The house is so unique and cozy, the property is beautiful and the owners are very friendly. Pauline makes a great breakfast, everything is fresh, right from the oven. Tom and Pauline are so welcoming, we are deditely coming back to see them. Thanks for everything

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I lucked out. I was on a road trip with my kids (ages 17/20); had planned for Montreal, but didn't have time to get a place in the White Mountains. I called Sunday night of our trip (July 28th) and asked if they had room for three the following Mon-Wed. They happened to have an opening, and were incredibly warm and inviting over the phone. That demeanor was more than doubled when we arrived. Pauline and Tom are incredibly gracious hosts; this was our first stay at a B&B and the bar is now quite high. The homecooked food was excellent, the rooms were warmly decorated, and the entire place was very clean - I mean perfectly clean. I also liked the fact that the "guest house" was connected to their home - no walking through someone's living room.
We loved the location - very central to hiking, other nearby towns, ziplining, etc. etc. The back porch is a great spot to eat breakfast or relax after a day of hiking - you look out over a vast lawn, then woods, and then the beautiful mountains. And the bear showed up! Very cool. I really can't say enough about this unassuming, clean, friendly, place. What a treat! (I should add that my kids wanted to watch some t.v. at night and get on line - they could do both in the comfort of our room.)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cecile4423
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were so impressed with everything. This was our first bed and breakfast experience and I'm not sure that any other one will compare. The White Mountains are so amazing, and beautiful, and their location is just perfect to see all that it has to offer. We saw bears twice in the back yard, and the view was just breathtaking. Thank you for everything. The Mainer's are super happy!

Room Tip: The king size bedroom is very quiet. House is away from the the road, so I'm thinking every roo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Franconia Notch Guest House is my husband's and my new favorite B+B. First, it's the cleanest bed and breakfast we have ever stayed in. When I say clean, I'm talking not a speck of dust, not under the bed, not on the baseboards, not on the headboards of the beds- nothing. Secondly, the inn feels modern. It's not filled with creepy antiques you're afraid to go near. There was hot water for at least the three of us to take long showers in the morning. The shower was large and modern. The towels were heavenly soft. There was even a flat screen tv that we didn't use, which is rare in a b+b. And there was not a trace of musty smell anywhere in the inn. Trust me, I have a nose for musty smell.

Secondly, the location is perfect for visiting the White Mountains. It's not far off the highway, but it still feels secluded. The view from our room and the backyard was beautiful. We even saw two bears during out stay!

Next, the breakfasts. I was expecting cold cereal, instant oatmeal, maybe muffins. Nope. Each morning, we woke to the smell of eggs and pancakes or french toast. And when I say pancakes, I don't mean Bisquick and some Aunt Jemima. I mean homemade banana and blueberry pancakes that rivaled the best I've ever had. And of course, there was also fruit, juice, coffee and tea, oatmeal, even banana bread! Also, I appreciated that the breakfast was set out help-yourself buffet-style. Why don't all bed and breakfasts do this? I could take only what I wanted and as much as I wanted. I didn't feel obligated to "finish my plate," as I usually do at other b+bs.

Lastly, the innkeepers, Pauline and Tom were amiable without being intrusive. They were easy to talk to, but didn't make us feel like conversation with us was an obligation. They were knowledgable about the area and provided helpful advice on our hiking expedition.

My husband, father, and I stayed the weekend for my father's birthday. The inn was perfect for family. However, I think it would also be a romantic destination, and I have a feeling my husband and I will be going back alone for a couple's weekend someday.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank the2roadtrippers
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife, our 3-month-old and I spent 2 wonderful nights with Tom and Pauline at their guest house. The house itself is perfectly located at the northern end of the Franconia Notch within a few minutes drive from Flume Gorge and some serious hiking, including the Appalachian Trail. They have done an amazing job restoring the house; it is the kind of place you imagine staying in when you visit New England! Tom and Pauline have truly found their calling with the welcome they gave us! Pauline even offered to babysit for us! Ask for Pauline's pancakes and French toast. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franconia
Best Western White Mountain Inn
#3 of 5 in Franconia
Lovett's Inn
Lovett's Inn
#5 of 5 in Franconia

Been to Franconia Notch Guest House? Share your experiences!