Franconia Notch Guest House
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge(Franconia)(Great Value!)
$69
Thayers Inn(Littleton)(Great Value!)
$169
$99
Orbitz.com
Country Squire Motel(Littleton)(Great Value!)
$59
Travelocity
$197
$179
All reviewsgreat roomb bfrench toastpaulinedocporchmountainsfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is an out-of-the-way place to stay and great for that. Bears in the morning, mountain scenes, and great people to stay with. Saying the rooms are clean would be great understatement and very new. They have great views and Pauline is a great cook as well. Hopefully you have a great stay and take Pauline's advice on where to go, etc.

Room Tip: The rooms are upstairs and overlook the mountains...bears were on property when I woke up. Great breakfast and Pauline and her family are great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2013

What can I add to what has already been said? Pauline and Tom are wonderful hosts. From the moment we arrived, they felt like friends. We had some, ahem, "difficulties" over a long trip that included Cape Cod--primarily weather problems--and my traveling partner broke her wrist in a swollen brook in the Franconia Notch mountains.

No matter! Pauline and Tom were so helpful that we were able to adjust our plans and we stayed.

Prior to arriving, Pauline was great about returning phone calls and emails. While journeying up, she called to warn us that they had experienced an unexpected snow storm and that their power was out. She made reservations for us at another inn, just in cast the power did not come back on. We liked her so much, and then Tom too once we arrived, that we wanted to hang in their with them and give them a chance. Plus, their home is wonderful! What a great location, great views...the perfect New Hampshire White Mountain getaway.

Tom talked with me about our plans for hiking the Franconia ridge knife edge (Mts. Lafayette and Lincoln). There was too much snow. So, he went out of his way to look up other locations for me, printed out information and directions, and we had a good chat about what was best to do. His suggestions were great.

When Holly fell and hurt herself, my first call was to Pauline, and she directed us to the nearest hospital. Each day of our stay, and each night, knowing Pauline and Tom was like having friends in town. They were wonderful.

On our first morning, Pauline woke us so that Holly would see the bear sleeping in the back yard. Breakfast was great each morning and a good way to start the day. The wooded stove and fire in the great room adds the perfect touch and charm. They recommended places for dinner, and then things to do when we had to scale back our plans due to the injury. And the best thing of all, Holly had never seen a moose. Pauline suggested a drive down a lonely rode where we might want to sit and wait. We did...and lo and behold, a moose appeared! I could not believe it. Holly was over the moon.

There is much to do and see in this fantastically beautiful region. Stop in at the general store in town and get some maps and regional info. Make sure to take a trip around to Crawford Notch--ask Tom. And for something less rigorous, the tram to the top of Cannon Mountain is nice, and there is a trail on top with fantastic views all around. The Flume is so much more that I expected. There is an incredible trail to follow and you simply must do the entire loop so as not to miss a thing. It's a wonderland.

I highly recommend the Franconia Notch Guest House for a real down-home experience and taste of mountain living. And I can't thank Pauline and Tom enough for being so gracious, accommodating, fun, and sharing their home with us. We felt like we belonged there and we hope to go back to hike and see our new friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was an experience you can't help but sharing. Tom and Pauline are the "cream of the crop" hosts. We felt at home immediately. Even their grown children made us feel comfortable! They made sure we had everything we needed, down to handwritten directions for the places we wanted to see, breakfast when we were ready, sightings of bears on their property, and a place to watch the thunderstorm on their inclosed porch. And the views,they were absolutely wonderful! But they never made you feel like you couldn't be by yourself if you wanted. The rooms were top notch, and looked brand new. We want to go back again. A real gem of a place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Where else can you eat breakfast on a gorgeous porch looking out at a beautiful mountain range and watch a bear frolicking at the tree line? A huge bear! And I guess there is a sow and cubs that show up and play too. A beautifully decorated, comfortable lodging. And my favorite breakfast, vege quiche made with free range chicken eggs from their chickens. I know we will be back

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I love Nature, and I cherish good connections with people. I enjoy both at the Franconia Notch Guest House. The Guest House is gorgeous, with a tip of the hat to happy, peaceful days of yore, but with all the modern amenities. The Nature is stunning: mountain views, wildlife, clouds moving by the mountain peaks, stars at night. And, the blessed quiet! Hosts Tom and Pauline are so friendly and welcoming that you wish they are your next-door neighbors when you return home. They are so genuine that you feel comfortable with them the moment you meet them. Thank you, Tom and Pauline. I can't wait for my next visit!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business