“Simple, comfortable, great location, w/ a restaurant”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Franconia
Cannon Mountain View Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Franconia
Reviewed June 21, 2007

I visit NH annually with my daughter to visit family and experience "country life." We look for value.

This little motel is conveniently located right off I-93 on the main street (known as Main Street) in Franconia. Franconia's a tiny village and all its commerce (grocery store, gas station, bike rental/outdoor shop, etc) are all on Main Street which runs parallel to I-93.

The CMV is on the south side of town, across Main Street from the Gale River and next to houses. The view is, like much of New Hampshire, trees.

The motel is a U-shaped grouping of ground-level motel rooms flanked to the north by the owners' house and their new restaurant/bar.

The room my 5 yo daughter and I shared featured two double beds and a small bathroom. Definitely needing an update, the bathroom was small and functional.The room had a fridge and a TV.

The room featured a wall air conditioner and two doors - one to the parking area and one to the central "courtyard" area. Opening these doors allowed the room to cool down and, considering you're in Franconia, we did it overnight. It was lovely!

Within the central area, there's a pool and firepit as well as seating for folks to gather and hang out.

The best part of this property is its proximity to the restaurant/bar that the owners have created. It featured outdoor seating and good food. When we stayed there, we did not hear any loud music or restaurant guests. (I'm not sure if there would have been any.)

This property is not the Ritz. It's simple, comfortable, convenient and affordable. The owners are very kind and the (small?) staff was friendly (we only really saw them when linens were changed).

The property is just "down the hill" from Echo Lake (great swimming - try after hours!) and Cannon Mountain, convenient to the water slides in Lincoln, and a nice walk to the library, grocery, bagel place and more.

When I visit, I love eating at the Goldhouse Pizza in Littleton and recommend Rosa Flamingo's for a bar.

(For complete disclosure I'm originally from Easton NH and know Franconia well. This is the property that I choose to stay in with my family. I am in no way related nor do I know personally the owners.)

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank StephFromSacto

Also consider these accommodations in or near Franconia
Best Western White Mountain Inn
#1 of 1 in Bethlehem
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge
#4 of 5 in Franconia

Been to Cannon Mountain View Motel? Share your experiences!