We stayed for a week between Christmas and New Year every year for four years now. The snow condition is fantastic this year. We exchange through RCI into a one bedroom unit this time. I would consider this a ski in and out resort and there is not many in the New England area within the timeshare network. Unit 222 is on the second floor above the check-in office. We arrive at four PM and the staff have our keys and check-in package ready.
Our one bedroom unit was nice and clean. My only complain was the carpet look old. The unit has a nice but small balcony facing Mittersill trail. It would be nice in the summer to sit out there. All furniture are old and made of old thick wood and they hold up over the year. The resort is full but it feel very quiet. The living area has large flat screen TV, dining area and sofa bed. The fully equipped kitchen has full size refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, toaster and blender. It also has all the pots, pans, plates, bowls and utensil you will need to fix a good meal. There is many storage area in this unit, including a large closet and many shelf and chest. The one bedroom has a king bed and smaller tv. The is the first time we have a king bed in Mittersill. The bedroom is very large but the bathroom is small with tub.
There is no laundry facility in the unit. It is at the basement near the pub. Washing and drying a load cost $3.75. There is always a line in the evening. The pub serve drinks, light meal and have a nice pool table. They have updated their menu this year and the selection look better. The bar can get busy and there is one guy running it. The food is okay. They offer a few micro brew including the Cannon Brew which is excellent beer for very reasonable price. Check-in offer a free chip and salsa coupon. The pub is a good thing for this resort. There is few restaurant around and very difficult to get to in bad weather. Luckily all units in Mittersill has nice kitchen facility. We cook all our meals in the unit and make our lunch to take to Cannon. For grocery there is a Walmart, large grocery and small country shop in Littleton. NH State run liquor store is very reasonable in price is also in Litteton. Five miles out of Mittersill to the left is Mac's Supermarket. It is also a good idea to get your weather sport gear in Walmart. It is very expensive at Cannon. Our favourite breakfast and lunch place is Coffee Cup in Main Street Littleton. They make their own bread. The place is small and it is always full. Franconia also have a few restaurant.
The resort has a indoor pool, 2 hot tubs, sauna , game room and fitness facility. There is towel exchange Monday and Wednesday. You can get towel at the front desk for the pool with a $5 deposit. Resort has an assortment of activity including morning social, karaoke and evening drink and cheese. Free Wifi is at the lobby or near the pub. There is a large sitting area for Wifi use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mittersill Alpine Resort - a four-seasons lodging, vacation rental & ownership resort in scenic Franconia Notch, New Hampshire. Hiking - Biking - Golf - Skiing - Great trails - All nearby! We are uniquely poised to offer great timeshare experiences. The Best way to ensure a good vacation is to own it! A great family get-a-way! Your home away from home! Relaxing and quiet, a perfect location for a quality and affordable vacation. Nestled in a unique mountain side village, experience the beauty of Northern New Hampshire in the heart of the White Mountain National Forest. Something for everyone - enjoy the nature of all seasons and many other area attractions nearby. Mittersill Alpine Resort has been devoted to vacation ownership since 1979. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Mittersill Alpine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mittersill Alpine Hotel Franconia
- Mittersill Alpine Resort Franconia, NH - White Mountains