“A Must See.”
Review of Flume Gorge

Flume Gorge
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Franconia
More attraction details
Owner description: An 800-foot gorge that extends from the base of Mount Liberty. It is open from May 8 - October 25.
East Central FL
132 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“A Must See.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We went here with another couple. The hike is moderate with more than a few uphill grades. But the path is wide & well maintained; it isn't rocky or full of roots. It took us about 2.5 hours because we stop to rest and we take a lot of photos. The sights are very pretty. The flume walkway itself is worth the hike. But there other interesting sights. I'm going back the next time I'm in NH.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
146 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“Just great”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

First off the reviewer who gave this a 1 rating because he couldn't take his dog is just being ridiculous. I am a dog owner and in no way bring my dog on this trail, they could easily fall under the railings and in to the gorge.
I visited with my wife and 3 teenage sons, it is quite pricey to take the trail but all the stuff you can see inside the building for free more than makes up for it.
It is a lovely walk with loads of great photo opportunities along the way, we all went through the Wolf's Den, I am 6 foot and average build and very nearly got stuck all to the amusement of my family.
I could have spent hours exploring all the photos and exhibits inside the building but my boys were not so interested in this bit plus we had to be on our way, in all I think we spent 3 hours here.

United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Although it is a bit expensive for a 2-mile hike, it was worthevery penny. Once you get to the water, the ealk up to the top is amazing. You walk directly through the gorge! They have a shuttle that will take you about 1/2 mile up the road, but the walk is much nicer. We got there late in the afternoon and there was almost no one there. Plenty of photo ops. Plan to spend about 2 hours.

Middletown, Connecticut
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 146 helpful votes
“Fun easy hike”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

It's a two mile hike but takes longer since you stop along the way many times to take in the beauty of nature. The coolest thing of course was the flume gorge and you just want to stop to take pictures. We became those annoying tourists that constantly stop to take photos, but for $15 pp times 10 of us I'm gonna enjoy it (ahem…to the lady who rolled her eyes at us!) Avalanche falls, the sentinel pine bridge and squeezing through the wolf den were also cool. Definitely not a peaceful hike but more of a tourist attraction, a good way to see what hiking in NH has to offer, only on a grander scale and in one location when your time is limited.

Jerusalem, Israel
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Gorge-ous”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Really loved this little hike and the prize at the end is the deep narrow gorge with rushing water. Went to "Lost River" many years ago and this seemed similar. Really nicely kept and well-organized, nice visitors' center and gift shop. The hike isn't too hard but not for everyone.