“Another "must do" while in the area”
Review of Flume Gorge

Flume Gorge
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Franconia
More attraction details
Owner description: An 800-foot gorge that extends from the base of Mount Liberty. It is open from May 8 - October 25.
NJ
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Another "must do" while in the area”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Went with two kids ( 5 & 12). No trouble walking 2 miles nature hike. Actually more down then up. Would not recommend going after rain since it could be very muddy. Don't wear flip flops. Walking shoes are must. Lots of beautiful photo opportunities.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Kingston, New Hampshire
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Must see!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Breathtakingly beautiful falls and cliffs with huge boulders, prehistoric pool and wolfs den cave. Both kids ,7&10, loved it as did we. Wear sneakers, bring water and snacks. You'll be tired! Allow 2 hours for pictures and full enjoyment without rushing. Nice fluff shop and educational area too.

Amesbury, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Hike”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My 10 year old son and I walked this trail this past week. The gorge is absolutely gorgeous with waterfalls and "trees growing out of rocks" as my 10 year old would say. The hike is easy and I'm not in good athletic shape. We took our time and we both used a set of hiking poles. I am on the heavier side and it was worth it to take them. We both carried a backpack and it was a great day!

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nature at its finest”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I went with my older sister on this walk. I anticipated it because I love nature and walking. The sites were beautiful and the sounds were soothing. I am glad I did this. It took about two hours to get through and I enjoyed every second. Definitely worth the money, id do it again!

New Jersey
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Good family hike”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We really enjoyed our hike at Flume Gorge. It was a bit expensive for a hike, but our children enjoyed the waterfalls and winding wooden trails. If possible walk the entire trail--it's worth taking your time and enjoying the trip up and down from the top of the falls. We visited on a weekend and it was not too busy at 10AM--as we were leaving a few hours later there was a line out the door to get tickets.