“Great spot on the river”

11 Water Street Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great spot on the river”
Reviewed March 4, 2011

We enjoyed a nice lunch here. Slightly more up scale than the cafeteria style of the Loaf & Ladle next door. Four tables for four are right against the windows with a great view of the river. We were lucky enough to get one.
There was not a menu posted, so we walked in and asked to see one before we decided to eat here. The hostess was friendly about that.

We had a hot bean dip for an appetizer with multi-colored chips that tasted freshly made. Guineas was on tap, which made us happy. There is a bar downstairs but we didn't go down there.

I had a grilled turkey, Brie and grannie smith apple panini served with fries and a delicious cranberry chutney. My husband had fish and chips. He had two large pieces of fried haddock. The coleslaw was made partially with red cabbage, he said it didn't make it taste any better but it was nicer looking than the average coleslaw.

We were both happy with our meals and will certainly return to 11 Water Street another time.

Oh I should mention our waitress was very nice and friendly.

Auburn Hills, Michigan
“I really really like this place, but I don't totally know why! ;-)”
Reviewed December 7, 2010

The food is good, some things I think are great. I had an awesome butternut squash soup and I really love the mac and cheese. My first visit, there was a private meeting upstairs, so the only available space was the bar downstairs. Being a single diner in town for business, I was treated as a second class citizen trying to get a table. It was uncomfortable, litterally but I stayed because I really wanted to try the soup.

My second visit was better, I got a table upstairs and the food was still great. Ther service was a touch better, but I still thinks there's kind of an attitude from the staff. I want to love the place in every way, but I mostly love the location!

I will eat there again - maybe even tonight since I'm in town! In my opinion, nothing else compares in Exeter.

1 Thank zaezae
Burnham, United Kingdom
“Great Location and Views, Food only average”
Reviewed August 19, 2010

This restaurant / bar is ideally located in the centre of the historic town. Great views of the dam and river from the bar and restaurant. We ate in the bar, where the menu choice was good and reasonably priced. The server was attentive. A good selection of draught beers and wines were on offer. The food portions were generous, the toasted sandwich was just ok but the macaroni cheese lacked any flavour at all.

1 Thank bobagreen