“Freshly made, wide range of options on the menu” 4 of 5 bubbles

Green Bean On Water
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: American, Soups, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Freshly made, wide range of options on the menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Passing through town and absolutely delighted to find this. I had soup which was wonderful and my friends had a wrap and a salad with sandwich respectively.What a gem of a location and delicious food. We ate outside in a cute, tree shaded courtyard.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Bellingham, Massachusetts
“Delicious sandwiches!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Family members always be sure to visit Green Bean when in town. Sandwiches made to order...absolutely delicious!

Visited July 2014
New Hampshire
“Soup is good, service and cleanliness need improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

This wasn't our first visit but it may be our last. The counter staff seemed bored, hot, grumpy and lazy. All we wanted was some soup and bread, which after being directed from one server to another, we finally managed to receive. I had the tomato Parmesan, my husband had the green chile. His soup was tasty, mine was mediocre at best. The restaurant itself was supposed to have a hippie/boho feel, but frankly it's downright dirty. Food splatters on the walls and windows, flatware and coffee cups sitting out in the open being touched by every patron. The unisex bathroom is dirty with no hot water (my pet peeve). The food service staff didn't wear gloves. I understand they are located in an historic (old) building but that doesn't excuse the lack of cleanliness.

Visited May 2014
North Hampton, New Hampshire
“Casual Gourmet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you haven't been to The Green Bean, you really haven't lived! Not only is the food fresh, healthy and delicious, but all the employees are so friendly at the cafeteria-type restaurant! Everyone who is anyone gathers there....for coffee and a muffin, lunch in the garden or dinner with old friends. It's a place where everyone knows your name and cares what they serve you, YOU MUST TRY IT, And, during the summer, their location in New Castle, NH, as well! A superb place!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Explorer599
North Hampton, New Hampshire
“Service leaves much to be desired”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I will start off by saying I live in walking distance of The Green Bean, so this is a great and easy choice for my family and visitors. However, the last 2-3 visits we've noticed curt and unfriendly service. Product is often scarce by 6:00pm (something I still haven't figured out, since you think they'd adjust bread inventory since this happens so often.)

That aside, we came in at 5 of 8:00pm, doors were wide open and people eating inside. Turns out they were closing at 8 and we were told pretty rudely that it's only takeout if we still want food. Well we checked the website before walking down and it said 9pm. We decided to still get takeout and the food was good as expected. However the older women with dark hair making our sandwich had so much attitude (as she has on previous visits) that it made us pretty uncomfortable.

I wish management would take control of the bad service, because I know others have complained and unfortunately it doesn't seem like much has changed.

• Visited May 2014