“Creative, healthy food in a lively environment”

Green Bean On Water
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This weekend my wife, son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren ate at The Green Bean. The restaurant serves a great variety of custom-made sandwiches, homemade soups and other assorted desserts to its clients. We particularly enjoyed the Winter Vegetable and Spicy Pumpkin soups, chicken salad sandwich, Ham & Brie sandwich and a thick grilled cheese. We placed our order at the counter and received it quickly. When we asked to exchange a particular soup for another it was done immediately. All prices were very reasonable, as well. Without reservation I would recommend this restaurant in downtown Exeter.

There are newer reviews for Green Bean On Water

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I've had lunch at several Green Bean locations and love the choices of homemade soups, assortment of made to order sandwiches with fresh bread, along with a wide assortment of unique salads and desserts. Their tomato Parmesan, and corn chowder are my two favorites along with any combination of grilled cheese sandwiches. They offer salad/soup, sandwich soup, etc. combos and one could go there every day and have something uniquely different from their menu.

My only complaint is that it is a small location and can get very busy and congested at lunch...especially during colder and inclement weather when outside seating is unavailable. Otherwise, it is one of my favorite lunch spots.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

You can always count on a fresh gourmet sandwich at the Green Bean! Their bread is to die for and the toppings are delicious and endless! Enjoy a hearty soup or ride your bike there for a satisfying breakfast! We can't get enough of the place!! PS Try their site at the Wentworth Marina in the summer...best view in town, not to mention the wonderful food!

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Traveling nearly a half day for a holiday wedding we were desparate for real food. GBoW didn't disappoint. The choice are varied. The food wholesome and delicious. Meatloaf was a pleasant and hearty treat.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

As a "local", I've had lunch here many times, but after the last couple visits, I think it's time they do some serious cleaning! We sat on the raised area overlooking the river which, unfortunately, also gives one a clear view of the food preparation area. The floor behind the counter in the prep. area was covered in food - just disgusting. There were also ants crawling around on the floor in the eating area. The tables, floors, and seats were sticky, and it really seems healthier to eat outside than in! I know they have some great soups, salads, and sandwiches, but the environment is just not conducive to pleasant eating. Sorry, Green Bean, but I've got to be honest! Clean it up! (How does the Board of Health not notice these things??)

Been to Green Bean On Water? Share your experiences!