“Great lunch venue...surprising selection.”

Green Bean On Water
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Seafood
“Great lunch venue...surprising selection.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Traveling nearly a half day for a holiday wedding we were desparate for real food. GBoW didn't disappoint. The choice are varied. The food wholesome and delicious. Meatloaf was a pleasant and hearty treat.

United States
“Food and river view can't make up for lack of cleanliness”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

As a "local", I've had lunch here many times, but after the last couple visits, I think it's time they do some serious cleaning! We sat on the raised area overlooking the river which, unfortunately, also gives one a clear view of the food preparation area. The floor behind the counter in the prep. area was covered in food - just disgusting. There were also ants crawling around on the floor in the eating area. The tables, floors, and seats were sticky, and it really seems healthier to eat outside than in! I know they have some great soups, salads, and sandwiches, but the environment is just not conducive to pleasant eating. Sorry, Green Bean, but I've got to be honest! Clean it up! (How does the Board of Health not notice these things??)

Milford, Connecticut
“"The Bean"”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Were in Exeter on a whim and stumbled upon the "Green Bean." It turned out to be an awesome meal and very positive experience. The breakfast was absolutely delicious, we're just bummed out we're 3 hours away or we'd go back regularly.... I recommend them highly if you are in or around Exeter.

Visited August 2013
“Maybe it's better for lunch”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My friend had gone for lunch and like it so four of us went back when we learned it was open for dinner as well. Frankly I was surprised because it's not really a "dinner' style restaurant at its location in Exeter, which I have been to many times and love. The weather and the view was wonderful. But that's where the wonderful stops. I suspect that nothing is really prepared there and that perhaps most things are brought there from Exeter. The bread on the sandwiches was dry for all three of my friends. I had the Asian chicken salad which had way too much Sesame oil on it. A little sesame oil goes a long way because of its intense flavor. My 3 sandwich friends found the contents of their sandwiches to be as dry as the bread (a thin foccacia) and my salad came without so much as a small piece of bread on the side. Our wines were served in thick plastic wine glasses. None of us would go back again. But as I said in the beginning. The view was lovely.

1 Thank tobywinter
“A must do place for lunch!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Nestled on the water in downtown Exeter New Hampshire is an amazing luncheon restaurant called The Green Bean! I have been there twice so far while calling on accounts in the area. Their soups are out of this world! I had the soup of the day, sandwich, oatmeal raisin cookies (to die for!) and a bag of chips for my mid afternoon snack. And all of this for under $10.00! Talk about a great value! You have to try this place!

Visited July 2013