“Delicious diner”

Ranked #17 of 49 Restaurants in Exeter
New York
“Delicious diner”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for breakfast on the advice of the front desk at the Hampton Inn. Really good breakfast. I had an omelet with vegetables and cheese and a dish of beans. The waitress was really nice too!

Boston - Mass.
“If it owned by a Greek, it is the crucible of quality”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The only reason this is not a five star rating is because you do not go that high in restaurants which do not serve Dinner. Steve's is open only for Breakfast and Lunch. Some of the other comments I read with anything unkind were obvious people who judge by one sitting and are obviously not big travelers.

I am from a heavy Greek populated town, and we had an expression: "When two Greeks get together,they open a restaurant." I found Steve's restaurant having great quality in the meal I had, as well as exceptional value! Also, since I had lunch, I walked around a few tables to look at the Breakfasts, and defy anyone who made a derogatory remark on breakfast to look around as they no doubt ordered 2 eggs and toast. The breakfasts I saw were the most unique I have seen and drive from Hampton to Exeter to breakfast here now! (10 Miles). Kudos to Steve (Stavros to be correct) on having one great Breakfast and Lunch place!! We could use him for Dinner someday, too!

• Visited July 2014
San Francisco, California
“Just ok ... and a bit disappointing”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I wanted to like this, but have to admit that we were disappointed. Even though there were very few other patrons in the restaurant, our breakfast was lukewarm by the time it was served to us. Not so good! We prefer our eggs and pancakes to be piping hot. It's more understandable if the restaurant was packed and the servers were stretched, but this was not the case yesterday morning. Next time, I'll just have the buffet at our hotel. The only good point is that the portions were generous.

Visited May 2014
Milton
“Decent diner in a great little town”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stopped in at Steve's while visiting Exeter. I think it is the only diner in this small upscale town. Had breakfast along with a lot of other folks. A little noisy but who cares, it shows the place is popular. My eggs, bacon and home fries were fine. My wife's breakfast sandwich and my son's waffle with strawberries were fine also. Coffee great. Service fast and friendly. It is typical diner food in a typical American diner like you find all across the country. Not gourmet but then again, not gourmet pricing.

• Visited April 2014
Biddeford, Maine
“Excellent breakfast and service.”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Quite a surprise in the town of Exeter N.H.. Wonderful little diner with pleasant staff and fast service.

• Visited December 2013

Been to Steve's Diner? Share your experiences!