“Getting worse with each trip”
Review of Mexico Lindo - CLOSED

Mexico Lindo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 7, 2014

When Mexico Lindo first opened up, I was very excited to have an alternative to Margaritas and Las Olas Taqueria. The food seemed more authentic and fresh, and the drinks were well made. One of the biggest draws was the guacamole cart that makes fresh guacamole right at your table.

Over the past year, I've gone back to Mexico Lindo at least a dozen times, and I can safely say that over the course of the last 4 times it has gotten progressively worse. The service is simply awful. They seem to have a tremendous amount of turnover and they are routinely messing up the meals. With my last trip, they didn't get two of the four meals right, served my wife a steak that was supposed to be medium rare but was cooked through to shoe leather, and had extremely slow service. The manager knew we had issues and did not come over until the very end and seemed to not want to do anything about it. He finally agreed to take the steak off the bill.

Safe to say we are done with Mexico Lindo. The food is still decent (when they get it right) but its not worth the frustration of poor service.

There are newer reviews for Mexico Lindo

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We tried Mexico Lindo for the first time several months ago and we thought it was really good. It was fresh and delicious and we especially loved the tableside guacamole. We even brought friends there a few times to let them know about this hidden jewel we found. Unfortunately, we have been back a few times recently and the food has seemed to go downhill. We're not sure if they have a different chef or what but the food is not good anymore. We always get chimichangas and we order them fried. When they arrived at the table they did not seem fried, they seemed baked. We thought maybe because the restaurant was busy it was just a mistake so we let it go. But our last visit which was a couple of weeks ago we ordered them again and specifically said fried and when they arrived at the table we were disappointed to see them looking baked again. This time we questioned it and were told that they are fried. The problem was they weren't and they were awful. Plus we ordered top shelf margarita's and we noticed they used Cuervo margarita mix in them and you could definitely taste it. The only good thing we can say about this restaurant is that the tableside guacamole is still good but it's not enough to keep up going back. We're disappointed since we really wanted to see this restaurant do well and have a place to go with "authentic" Mexican food but now their food is anything but authentic. It's plain not good. I guess our search for authentic, GOOD Mexican food is back on.....

1  Thank CurlySue421
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Great service, attentive staff, very tasty real Mexican food at great value, AND frosty cold draft beers. It's not terribly fancy, but it's just that, plus all of the above, that keeps me coming back. You should check it out!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Every Fri night neighbors and myself pick a different restaurant around our area. Tonight we chose Mexico Lindo in Exeter. It was probably one of our worst experiences to date! What Mexican restaurant premixed batches of margarita mix - why have a bartender? We could not believe how (processed) our food looked and tasted. I ordered a chicken quesadilla - what came was soggy with a great deal of water on my plate and there was absolutely no melted cheese on or in my quesadilla - how can that be... Really? It appeared and tasted like frozen entrees heated up in a micro wave then served Luke warm soggy and tasteless. I would never go back and hope I can alert others to follow my lead. Save your money eat somewhere else.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I wouldn't waste my money. There is nothing "authentic" about this place. My two neighbors and I had the same thoughts. The warm chips and salsa were good. Margaritas were bland. I had two and the first tasted different than the second. I was told it should taste the same since they are "premade/mixed". If that's the case, why have bartenders! A sampling of burritos, enchilades, rice, and refried beans were luke warm, not much shredded chix or beef and the tortillas were soggy and tasteless. I would have had the same meal had I gone to the local grocery store and bought some frozen Mexican entrees and placed them in the microwave which Is what they tasted like at this place. Stay home, make your own margaritas and Mexican food. Save your time and money. There are better places to eat!!