“Farm to Table... for 15 years”

Blue Moon Evolution
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dinner: Monday-Thursday, 5:00-9:00pm, Friday & Saturday, 5:00-9:30pm. Closed Sundays.
Reviewed April 11, 2013

When you finally get to BME you realize it is somewhat in the middle of nowhere New Hampshere and it is rather unassuming. Before you enter the front doors, you find yourself in a lobby covered with pictures, maps, clippings telling their 15 years story and defining their purpose "Blue Moon’s deep-rooted philosophy is based on the inherent respect for the individual and the planet. Since 1995 we have had a close relationship with our local farmers and community members, and have maintained a focus of education, global awareness and constant learning."

It is easy to sell this off as NH Hippy Jargen, but they really deliver on their principles.

The family who runs the business can be found working in the Dinning Room on most shifts, and we were greeted by one of the lovely daughters when we arrived for a 8:30pm meal. The vibe is half Ski Lodge, half restaurant, and totally cosy.

The menu is true to form and almost overloaded with descriptors of farms and breeds of ingredients. Most things can be ordered Gluten Free and there are obviously lots of Veggie Options if that is your diet. Beer and Wine selection are small, but well considered.

The Service was Excellent. The hostess was genuine and chatty, our waitress knew the menu down to the ingredient and made us smile often. This is what would bring me back... the smily, passionate, principled owners.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

First time here was Saturday, 3/23. Walked in to see wildly attractive food being served by a young and enthusiastic staff. Our server was most helpful, and the food was first class. Took home a container of their hummus, also fine.

Since then, have eaten here four times, with different companions, and all found it excellent, totally relaxing, inexpensive. It is a local gem because they source most everything within 25 miles, cater to all combinations of needs, vegan, gluten free, carnivore. And accompany with good wines and local beverages.

It is an all-food restaurant - even the wall decorations have food themes.

And they are proud of what they do. The owner was questioned about a possible issue by email, responded within 20 minutes, and we found she was 100% right.

Of all my restaurant finds in the past few years, this is head and shoulders the best. Try it, you'll like it.

1  Thank dhk365
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's taken me awhile to get around to eating here and I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. I knew they would have lots of organic and vegetarian choices because they used to have a similar cafe in this location and I believe it's the same owners (not sure though.) I am gluten free so I was thrilled with how many of those choices there were among all courses...plenty! Anyway, the menu was of this healthy variety, all locally produced food, and they have several raw items for those who like that. I don't think a real traditional eater (like my father who's 84) or a fried food eater for sure, would be super happy here but there was steak and chicken to please meat eaters. This is a place for the health conscious, but frankly I don't want it to appeal to everybody because it will be harder to get a seat! And I'm coming back. The service was a bit slower than I like but it was Restaurant Week and they were full so maybe that was it. Nice bar area for Exeter which I think the town has been lacking.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

One of the best places on the seacoast. All local food creatively cooked. Some of the staff are straight out of portlandia but besides that a great place--Cocktails are great as well

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I went to this restaurant this past Saturday (3/16/13) for a lovely dinner. While I had heard positive comments from friends, we had not been there before this evening. It turned out to be a lovely evening! Our table was ready for us as we entered the dimly lit room. Our server was extremely helpful, friendly, and had an excellent grasp of the menu. My wife had the blackened catfish which was truly outstanding!! Since it was St. Patrick's day wknd., I had the corned beef. My dish was also very good. The only weak dish was the appetizer fish cakes that were ok but I thought overpriced. Without any doubt, this restaurant was certainly worth visiting. Oh, one highlight was the flourless chocolate cake for dessert. It was ab
solutely outstanding! SO rich and dense...Try to save room for this wonderful finish to a super meal.