“My first one star review ever. Pimentos was terrible.”
Review of Pimentos - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Pimentos has gone down hill CONSIDERABLY in the last year or two. Last night was our worse dining experience ever. I mean that literally and we eat out several times a month.

We arrived at 5:30 and it was fairly quiet. My wife ordered the Salmon but was told they didn't have any. She decided to start with some fried pickles. The waitress returned a few minutes later and said they were out of fried pickles as well. She then orders the Watermelon and Tuna salad.

I ordered a bowl of clam chowder to start. They delivered the corn chowder instead.

After a good 15 minutes, another woman (not the waitress) shows up to the table. She says " I heard that your first two selections were not available. Your waitress is too embarrassed to let you know but the salad is also not available. Chef Micheal will try and recreate something as close as possible which we're sure you'll love".

After a good while, our two kids start asking "When is our food coming?". That was a good question. I happened to look at my phone when we first came in to turn it onto vibrate. I see that its been 35 minutes since we ordered a hamburger, flatbread and a salad. My wife notices that some people who came in well after us are already eating their meal. The waitress noticed that we saw this and came over. "Let me check on your dinner. It should have been out by now.". Another few minutes later (nearly 45 minutes after ordering now). The burger, salad and flatbread arrive. I have NO idea what would take long.

The "salad" was terrible. The flatbread was not particular good either. Thankfully the kids seemed okay with burger and fries.

As we were leaving "Chef Michael" came out to apologize about everything. Even though we were already standing up to head out the door (with young kids) he offered to buy us a round a drinks. No thanks. We couldn't get out of there fast enough as it was. To their credit they cut the entire bill in half but honestly even that was a lot more than what we got in return.

After posting a bit of our experience on Facebook, we immediately received several replies from several different friends. All with dissatisfied stories of recent service there from the last 6 to 12 months. A couple said they would never eat there again. We like supporting local businesses but we won't be back either.

I have never written a one star review for a business. Unfortunately this experience deserved it.

Leland22, Owner at Pimentos, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

I am very sorry to hear about your experience at our restaurant that evening. We were a day away from one of our Seasonal menu changes and so we were out of a few things. Our first mistake that night was that the waitress should have informed you when you were given menus of the items we were out of and why we were out of them. I apologize that your wife kept choosing something only to be told after that we were out of that. I know the Chef tried to come up with a Salad on the fly that would be somewhat close to the Watermelon Salad that she wanted and we are sorry she did not like that salad. The length of time for your food again could have been avoided if we had made you aware of our items we were out of for the evening in the beginning so there was not a lot of back and forth with the waitress. Our chowder on that menu that evening was corn chowder so I am sorry if you thought you were getting clam chowder.

This is not the experience we like anyone to have and if you can email or call the restaurant we would love the opportunity to have you and your family back in on us at your convenience. We strive for everyone to have a positive dining experience when they come to Pimentos. Once again, my deepest apologies we were unable to meet those that evening.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Very average restaurant, nothing too special. They try to hard in some cases. I think they need to choose a type of food and stick with it. My wife liked it, my children were just confused on what to get.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Cute downstairs boite. Some things on menu were not available but what we ordered was nice. Everything was fresh. My daughter's salmon was a bit watery and not sure why but good flavor on vegs. Would go again and order simple options such as burgers.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The food is excellent, I'm always pleased with Pimentos. The Martini's are the best around. The service is always very good. I would like to see more vegetarian dishes on the menu. The atmosphere is very relaxed and easy going. Pimento’s has an air of sophistication but casual, not stuffy at all.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The chef really takes pride in the menu and what is served. A few of my favorites-- the lobster and crab roll, the fish tacos (on the tapas menu), and the dates stuffed with cheese. Epic! The house wine is also tasty and priced well.