“Are the cookies that important?”

Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Exeter
Lebanon, New Jersey
“Are the cookies that important?”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Yes they are! I arrived at 730 and was told the cookies were all gone for the night. Very disappointing. While this was a typical Hampton Inn - with no real negatives - the experience was just not the same. I also was not welcomed with my newspaper in the morning. Plus - the price was quite high. Thus, this is average - whereas I usually rate Hampton's above average.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Morgan2010
Dana S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter for your recent stay . I appreciate the time it took for you to post a review. Your feedback is valuable and we will continue to work on making service improvements. I certainly understand how delicious the cookies are and we will strive to make more or figure out how to make the same batch last longer, we like a challenge.
Dana Stair

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have stayed at Hampton Inns all over the country and this is one of the best. The hotel is clean, attractive, comfortable and a good value compared to similar accommodations in the area. We needed a location that was convenient to Portsmouth and Southern Maine and this hotel also met our needs with a quick trip to I-95. The Hampton Inn breakfast is standard but done well here and better than most. What I enjoyed most was a quiet good night's sleep and that was what we got. Our studio suite on the top 4th floor rear was a peaceful oasis.

Room Tip: Top floor rear is quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I sincerely appreciate the kind words and feedback associated with value. We work hard to keep this property in top shape and hope you will stay with us in the future.
Somerset NJ
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We enjoyed our stay in the Exeter hotel very much. The staff was efficient and helpful especially Sarah.The hotel was very clean as always. We found the area to be beautiful and our visit to Portsmouth was great. We enjoyed the hotel and our visit to New Hampshire was wonderful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello,
The entire staff appreciates the kind words and your time for writing a review. I will let Sarah know that she made the headlines for great service. We are lucky to have her and hope you come back to visit soon.
new hampshire, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

very nice and clean breakfast was awesome it was very quiet and the staff was very nice and rooms are very nice and very clean it was conveinet and close to alot of shops and ect and very easy to find

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Evening,
The entire staff appreciates the kind words and your time for writing a review. I will give kudos to the breakfast attendants for a doing such a nice job with the breakfast lineup.
Dobbs Ferry, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

EXCELLENT! Love the hotel, the staff are great, very professional, polite and courteous. Great breakfast, and free coffee/tea 24/7. Cant beat the location and the rooms were super clean! I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the area. The value is excellent for the money you pay. In room internet, pool, hot tub, free cookies, etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Hello
Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter for your recent stay in Exeter. I appreciate the time it took for you to post a review. It is a pleasure responding to kind reviews like yours, we sincerely appreciate it!
Warm Regards,
CT
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel is beautiful, the rooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable, and the breakfast that is included is outstanding. The only complaint I have is we asked for an early check-in because we were attending a wedding that started at 1:00. Since check-in time is 3: when making my reservations I requested an early check-in so I could get dressed for the wedding. I called in the morning of our check-in date to see if we could check-in early and I was told our rooms weren't ready for early check-in because the hotel was sold out. I asked if our rooms, (I had reserved 2) were empty, I was told they were, but that the hotel couldn't promise they would be ready before 3:00. It was evident that whoever was in charge was making no effort to get our rooms ready for early check-in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dana S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Mr. Waters,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I appreciate your honesty regarding our early check in policy. Our housekeeping staff works really hard to get the rooms turned around quickly and efficiently. I will give the Front Desk some feedback on how to respond to special requests. “It’s our pleasure to accommodate requests but we can’t make guarantees”
Raymond, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2013

One of the best hotels I have stayed at during my 45 years of traveling. The staff was very friendly and quick to meet my requests. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in this area. The rooms were clean, the breakfast offered a wide variety of choices, the entire grounds and areas in the hotel were clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Suzanne,
Dana Stair
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exeter
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter
Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook
Ashworth by the Sea
Ashworth by the Sea
#4 of 41 in Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter? Share your experiences!