“Great business stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Exeter
New England
“Great business stay”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Hampton Inn Exeter is what I have come to expect of Hampton. Exceptionally clean, comfortable bed, great bed linens, friendly staff, everything in working order, and breakfast in a pleasant atmosphere. Will certainly stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My son and I stayed at the Hampton the night before his interview at Phillips. The lobby is fabulous. I was impressed with the art and cleanliness. Upon arrival the front desk attendant couldnt have been any sweeter! Next we arrived in our room and it was meticulous. The decor was fabulous and the beds and pillows were super comfy. Internet is free and there is a 24 hour computer/work room. It was a blessing when I needed to print out my son's essays last minute. We utilized the free coffee and tea in the lobby that was available at all times. We also used the fitness center to help work off my son's pre interview jitters. The next morning we awoke to a perfect breakfast! Staff is always around to assist you! I believe (dont quote me on this) Phillips is approx 6 miles away, so it took us under 10 minutes to arrive (with parking). It was truly a gem and I am thankful for my husband's pick!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 213
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I travel a lot and stay in a variety of hotels ranging from basic (Comfort Inn) and up (Fairmont). I've come to expect you get what you pay for... and in many cases you don't get what you pay for.

The Hampton in Exeter is a fresh hotel that well exceeded my expectations. I had a mini-suite which is best described as huge. This is easily twice the size of a typical hotel room. The room is well laid out with an eating/ bar as you enter a small hall. It included a fridge, micro and its own bar sink. The storage was beyond anything I’ve ever seen to where if you needed to keep food, there is room a plenty.

The entry hall flows into a large sofa/ chair lounge and bed area that is separated by a massive floor to ceiling desk. The desk had a panel television on an articulating arm so it could be swung to view from both the living room area and bed. (HD TV and HBO!!)

The washroom was another pleasant surprise. A double closet, lots of space and a great shower. Another big plus was they have decent towels.

Outside of the room the list of amenities list in this place is long.
-Free hot breakfast (and it was good with a lot of choices)
-Excellent pool, hot tub and gym
-Modern and clean layout

Other things to note:

This place is clean. No dirt anywhere. Rooms, common areas etc.

The staff are great. I watched as an obviously cranky traveller as he treated the female at the counter like his servant. I wouldn’t have taken issue with her telling him to go elsewhere but she remained professional and friendly even though he didn’t deserve it. For me, staff greeted at every opportunity and when I had a question, they were caring in their response.

I’m happy I’ve found this place as I will be back for more training down the road and this is where I’ll stay. Kudos to the academy and Trip Advisor reviews for recommending it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sri lanka
Reviewed December 20, 2012

It is my second visit to Hampton Inn and Suites as my husband is in Exeter for some business meetings. The hotel seems to b very new and clean and offers value for money. The rooms are sound proof and the suites are spaciously laid out. The hotel staff is extremely friendly and very helpful. The morning breakfast buffet offers basics such as cereal, fruits, sausages, scrambled eggs/ omelets, bacon, potato and an array of buns which are very well prepared. All in all, its a great place, still checked-in with my husband and it has been a great experience. The only improvement that I can note is, it would be nicer if they offer at least one or two rooms for long stays with a full kitchen as eating options are not the best in Exeter and it would be so nice to prepare what you want at least once a week when you stay for months!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
new jersey
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel seems to be new, very clean, and the rooms are comfortable and quiet. I stayed when several high school sports teams was visiting to compete in a big swimming tournament and despite noise that inevitably occurred in the hallway I did not hear any noise in my room. The bed was very comfortable. The free breakfast was a buffet that was very clean, fresh, and altogether adequate. The proximity to the Phillips Exeter Academy (where one of my sons attends high school) makes this hotel a top choice when visiting my son. The Exeter Inn is also great, but the rooms are smaller and the hotel often is booked during major school events.

Room Tip: Parking lot is monitored with security cameras and leaving valuables in the car seems safe.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The Hampton Inn & Suites in Exeter was impeccably clean and beautiful. The rooms were large and polished. The entire staff welcomed my two Old English Sheepdogs, stopping to say hello at every turn.The staff was always smiling and friendly. I could not more highly recommend. One of the very best hotels I have ever stayed in. Western Omelets and Home made Belgium Waffles for breakfast. Can not be beat. Will definitely visit again

Room Tip: The suites were excellent, microwave, refrigerator, free coffee
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
New Hampshire
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is very clean and the service was great. We stayed during a power outage because our home lost power for 4 days. The staff was very accommodating and helpful during this trying time! The room was very comfortable for my family and I, and the free breakfast was great, too. The pool area was very clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exeter
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter
Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook
Ashworth by the Sea
Ashworth by the Sea
#4 of 41 in Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter? Share your experiences!