“Great place to stay in Exeter, NH”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Exeter
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My mother and I stayed here for 3 nights week before last. The hotel was extremely clean and well decorated. The staff was very friendly and it definitely like a family atmosphere. They were preparing for the annual Christmas parade and had made a fantastic float for it! It was very quiet too!

The breakfasts were good and they had the waffles on the weekend. If you're in to chocolate there's a Lindt store a block away.

There's also a heated indoor pool and a nice fitness room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
EFFIS, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad you found us to be above average and recommendation worthy. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I arrived road weary and exhausted for a business trip. From check-in to check out (9 nights) everyone was incredible. Robin made breakfast a delight each morning. She is warm, funny and makes you feel like you've known her forever. Kate, Kim and each staff member I encountered were wonderful. I wish I had written this right away so I could remember all their names. One lovely woman at the desk even programmed my borrowed GPS for me! I requested a microwave for my room and a young man arrived with it within 3 minutes. (It was his day off and he had just dropped by-- THAT'S how they roll!) The beds are super comfy and the pillows were so wonderful that I bought 2 of them before I left. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in the area. As far as rooms, decor, etc. Marriott's are pretty consistent.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
EFFIS, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking time to reveiw our property. We are thrilled to know that we met your expectations during your stay. We are glad to know that our staff made a huge impact, and made your stay perfect. We hope to see you back in Exeter again really soon. Happy Holidays.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Our second stay at the Fairfield Inn was good as the first...even better. The staff was as helpful as ever and really made you feel welcome. The room was clean with very comfortable beds. But the best service was when we returned home. My husband left his watch behind in the room and before we left NH a phone message was sent letting us know it had been found. A quick call and it was in the mail the next day. The Fairfield Inn will always be our choice when we are in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
EFFIS, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Thank you for taking time to tell everyone about the Fairfield Inn & Suites -Exeter. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was the key point of your stay. We hope to see you again very soon. Have a wonderful holiday season.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I arrived late on a Thursday evening, exhausted from my drive. Kate was outstanding in accommodating my wishes with a big smile and a generous offer of help whenever I needed. I ironically, did, a bit later. Kate showed up at my door with what I needed within minutes.

The service made my night. I enjoyed a fabulous evening out followed by a restful sleep on some super soft pillows.

Phoebe Ann

Room Tip: quiet, private.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
EFFIS, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to mention us on Trip Advisor. We are thirilled that we met your expectations during your stay. We will make t pass along your kind words to Kate, our Guest Service Associate. We hope to see you back at the Fairfield Exeter, real soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stay here a lot because i visit family in the area. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff is very pleasant, helpful and always make me feel welcomed.

The hotel is conveniently located close to restaurants and shopping. The property is well lite and maintained. I feel safe there when traveling alone.

I've stayed at the Hilton down the street and prefer the Fairfield. They offer free internet and a coin op laundry room if laundry is an issue on an extended stay. The room price is a bit lower too.

Room Tip: I prefer not to be on the first floor because cars park right outside the window
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
EFFIS, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Your kind comments of our location are much appreciated. We are delighted that we met your expectations during your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Just passing through, but the hotel was an excellent choice. The front desk staff was very knowledgeable of the area and extremely helpful. Met housekeeping near the room as checking in, she was very friendly and asked if we needed anything for the room. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
EFFIS, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to review our property. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit, and your interaction with our staff was fantastic.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My business trip was excellent due to the Fairfield Inn's service and employees. The staff was very knowledgable about there town about places to go and eat. The rooms were very clean and the morning breakfast was served hot with many options making my stay a pleasant one. I if I am ever in the area I will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask Jennifer to give you a room on the south side which are very quiet. Jennifer always had a smile...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! We greatly appreciate your recognition of our Guest Service Associate and will make sure to pass along the information to her. We hope to see again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Exeter
Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter
#5 of 41 in Hampton
Fairfield Inn Portsmouth Seacoast
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern
Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter? Share your experiences!