“Wonderful customer service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Abington, Massachusetts, United States
“Wonderful customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Exeter, NH with my son's soccer team. The hotel was incredibly clean and the staff was extremely friendly. The customer service was amazing. The staff was very helpful and always had smiles on their faces. I would definitely stay there again. Kate, at the front desk, was wonderful! She was very welcoming!

Room Tip: Air mattresses available.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EFFIS, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate your recognition of Guest Service Associate Kate, and look forward to sharing your kudos with the entire staff. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were in the area for a soccer weekend, and this Fairfield Inn & Suites was only about 15 minutes from the fields our team was playing on, and also very convenient for our trip home back to Massachusetts. The hotel was clean, had everything we needed, and was just a great choice for our team. However, none of us can say enough about the staff. They were exceptional. We arrived en masse about an hour before the officical check in time, and all 6 families were given rooms immediately. Maybe they just wanted our tired and hot soccer players out of the lobby? ;-)

But most importantly, Kate, who was at the desk, and checked us all in was outstanding. She was friendly, personable, bubbly, and had customer service skills that could be used as training for other companies. Any question or request was met with a smile, and every request our group made was accommodated. From getting us air mattresses and bedding, to recommendations for lunch and dinner she was just great.

Our room was perfect, very clean, super spacious, and the mini-fridge was a big help for keeping drinks cold for the soccer players who had to play 2 games in 2 days in 90 degree weather. Breakfast buffet was very nice, everything was fresh, and they started serving at 6:30 which was much appreciated by all of us who had to be back at the soccer fields by 7:15.

I would not hesitate to book this hotel again, and will actually be calling them tomorrow to see about getting a room block for our team for our next tournament in the area at the end of July.

Keep up the great work!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the fantastic review and wonderful comments! We also thank you for your kind words with regards to Kate, one of Guest Service Associates. We are pleased to hear she was helpful during your stay. We hope to see you again!
Wiscasset, Maine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Always an outstanding experience with the great staff at the Fairfield Inn in Exeter.
I've had the privilege to stay countless times over the last 12 months, and Jamie and her team make it always feel like home. It's a very well maintained property, which is a treat, but its the little things that count as well, like the staff remembering my name, have tomato juice on hand for me, or the treats of Oreos left in my room. Coming back always feels like home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EFFIS, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you so very much for your continued patronage at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Exeter NH. We are thankful for our faithful guest, and look forward to seeing you each week.
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at this location beginning Friday, May 17th through Sunday, May 19th. George and Jason were very helpful during the check-in process but Kate Willwerth was especially helpful. They all had great attitudes but Kate went the "extra mile" and provided me with a microwave after I made an off-handed mention of the lack thereof.

She was genuinely cheerful throughout the weekend and always made me feel that she was grateful to have me there. Kate is one of the reasons that I would recommend this location HIGHLY to any of my friends/associates.

Room Tip: Ask for a microwave if one is not available. The elevator was very slow so I would opt for the 2nd...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EFFIS, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
We are so pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us. We will make sure to pass along your kind words to Kate, George & Jason. They will be thrilled to know that they made such an impact on your stay! We hope to see you again very soon.
Harwinton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Kate from the front desk was very helpful and went the extra mile to make our stay comfortable. She provided us with two extra cots, advise where to eat and a wake up call, all while maintaining a friendly demeanor that made us feel at home. Great value, nice rooms, friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kinds words regarding Kate our Guest Service Associate. She is truly a valuable assett to our company. We are happy to know that she help ensure that we kept our promises to you as our guest. We hope to see you soon.
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the Elite Dance Competition the weekend of April 26th. The front desk staff was wonderful. As I was checking in the girl told me they were going to give me two rooms (for the price of one) and I thought OK sounds good. Until we started talking about it and I realized they were across the hall from each other. It would have been fine if I had another adult with me but it was just my daughter and myself. After all they did, I had to say no and stick with the room I had reserved. She went one step further and offered me a king suite with a separate king room and a living room with a pull out couch, again for the same price I was paying for a standard room. I said OK. They did everything possible to upgrade me and I totally appreciated it.
The room was nice and it was perfect for us. My daughter had her space, I had mine.
The room was clean and nicely decorated. The bathroom was very clean, and the only bad thing I have to say is we ran out of toilet paper and tissues. Not a big deal.
We were on the third floor. Very quiet. The only time I heard nice was with the other kids were running up and down the hallway. There were lots of kids at the hotel this weekend, so I expected that. They offer a decent breakfast (free) each morning, take advantage of it, it's good.
I would stay at this hotel again if I was out that way. I only regret I didn't get the names of the two women working the night I checked in (4/27/13), they were both so nice and pleasant to work with and I would love to give them a shout out!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EFFIS, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind words. We are so happy to hear that our staff made sure that your stay was exceptional, and were able to provide you with a room that met your needs. We will make sure that the Guest Service Associates are aware of your praise. We hope to see you and your family in the future!
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I have to admit that my expectations were not high as I'd been lucky enough to stay in three different Four Seasons Hotels over the past two weeks before arriving in Exeter. However, the Fairfield was exceptional. The location, for us, was perfect as it provided easy access to the highway and to town (and the Phillips Exeter campus). The interiors were bright and cheerful, immaculately clean and perfectly maintained. I loved that the decor was bold and not the typical safe, drab beige of most hotels. Most importantly, the rooms were very thoughtfully designed and very functional. We stayed in a "larger guest room" with two double beds and a sofa bed. It was far more functional than many luxury suites I've stayed in. The sitting room was separated slightly from the bedroom by the geometry of the room. This meant that someone could use the desk, hang out or sleep on the sofa, or watch TV without bothering those sleeping in the main bedroom area. There were two TVs, a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, free Wifi, etc. There is no room service but there are basic grocery items available downstairs and a simple breakfast (hardly memorable but got the job done) available in the morning and fast, delicious, and inexpensive pizza delivery from nearby restaurants. This room could easily accommodate a family for an extended stay. The indoor pool seemed to be getting lots of use and I saw many families on the property. We were supposed to stay just one night and then travel on to Boston but the city was in lockdown due to the hunt for the marathon bomber so the Fairfield very kindly juggled things around so that we could stay in our room a second night. When next in Exeter, I'll definitely stay at the Fairfield again and will look for these properties in other cities (if I can't stay at the Four Seasons!).

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
EFFIS, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from first time guests and are thrilled that your stay was exceptional! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exeter
Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter
Hampton Village Resort
Hampton Village Resort
#17 of 41 in Hampton
Hampton Inn & Suites Portsmouth Downtown

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Portsmouth Exeter? Share your experiences!