“Epoch Restaurant and Bar”

Epoch Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Epoch Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Transit: Stops in front of Inn Coast bus
Description: We welcome you to Epoch Restaurant and Bar located in Exeter NH. Join us for casually elegant dining featuring the freshest seacoast of New Hampshire products creatively presented. Our award winning kitchen staff takes great pride in serving only the most exquisite food to our guests. Come try this new creative restaurant with great service and outstanding food.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

the restaurant serves good breakfasts, the bar is lively, very good bar food ! nice ambience and good service.Nice decor,apart from the lighted red stairs !

Reviewed January 8, 2014

A dozen friends enjoyed a New Year's Eve meal together. Very busy but the service was timely, professional and the servers were attentive and polite. Great!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We were four persons at the Exeter Inn in Exeter N.H. for three days and nights in December, 2013. We ate all of our breakfasts, lunches and dinner at the Epoch restaurant in the Inn as our days were filled with appointments. We were three Europeans and one American who had lived many years in France, Sweden and Switzerland. One diner was an almost vegetarian. Can this restaurant fill our expectations.

The New England Clam Chowder was average and needs a bit of terragon and was just a bit too thick. The bean dip with sauteed or baked toast points was THE BEST EVER. This is not to be missed, friends. The blue mussels were excellent. A steak salad two diners agreed was top notch. The gigantic burger was praised by a female carnivore. The Vegetarian liked each and every one of her vegie dishes of which there were more than usual on the menu for any restaurant. The flatbread dish was especially praised.

There were two Portuguese Vinho Verdes on the menu and both were good with fish dishes and a Syrah went well with the meat dishes. Prices per glass and bottle were very fair. A Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc was off taste and was willingly replaced with a glass of Vinho Verde.

Wait staff was accommodating and no stress was heard in the voices as is so often the case in the North East. One breakfast person was a bit of a robot and had not learned that you do not stack the used dishes next to the client's ear. One small complaint that can be readily rectified--one way or the other.

Unexpectedly good cuisine that more than met our expectations.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

My father and I had Thanksgiving dinner at Epoch, and it was delicious! We arrived at 1:30, were promptly greeted by the host and sat at a nice table by the windows. The buffet had many more offerings than other places I have been to. Items included: oysters on the half shell, shrimp cocktail, locally smoked salmon, 4 different salads, rolls, a few types of soup, multiple side items, prime rib, turkey, haddock and salmon. The stuffing was my favorite! I went back for seconds :)
The service was friendly and attentive. I appreciate their willingness to work on a holiday that should have been spent with family. Because of them I had a nice day with family instead of sitting home alone.
I will definitely be back and can't wait to see what their regular menu offers.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

My husband and I made reservations for 5 PM for a greatly anticipated Thanksgiving dinner at the Epoch Restaurant, located in the Exeter Inn in NH. We were both eagerly awaiting turkey, gravy and all the fixings. We arrived at the restaurant but were left unattended at the hostess stand for some 10 minutes. When the hostess finally arrived, she apologized that they had just run out of Turkey ! Our jaws dropped ! How do you run out of turkey on Thanksgiving? They apologized profusely, and offered us any entree on the menu for $15.00. With no alternatives (as the few restaurants that are open on Thanksgiving are by advance reservation only), we had no choice but to stay.
After settling in at our table, we waited another 10 minutes for a waitress. We placed an order for a bottle of wine, and then waited another 15 minutes. So far, not so good. The waitress reappeared and said they had run out of the bottle of wine we ordered, but we could order a half bottle. After another 10 minutes, we had our wine. Well I could go on, but the rest of the meal was generally disappointing. I ordered scallops, and the entree had a total of three (yes, just 3). My husband's chicken was so-so. The best part of the evening was when it was finally over. Unfortunately, we will never be returning to Epoch.

Been to Epoch Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!