“Pleasant experience; above my expectations - will visit again.”

Epoch Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Epoch Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Transit: Stops in front of Inn Coast bus
Description: We welcome you to Epoch Restaurant and Bar located in Exeter NH. Join us for casually elegant dining featuring the freshest seacoast of New Hampshire products creatively presented. Our award winning kitchen staff takes great pride in serving only the most exquisite food to our guests. Come try this new creative restaurant with great service and outstanding food.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was my first visit to Epoch at the Exeter Inn (recommended by a family friend). I had a reservation for that afternoon to celebrate Mother's Day and my experience was very enjoyable. Firstly, the exterior of the property was very welcoming. Upon entering the restaurant my family and I were pleasantly greeted by the hostess staff. Our reservation was acknowledged and we were seated promptly. We required a highchair which was already there waiting at our table (this is important as it is often difficult to stand and wait for the staff to bring over a high chair while holding a baby in your arms). Our waitress was very attentive and polite. The food offered was a buffet filled with a variety of food, all freshly prepared. Also offered was an omelet bar as well as a dessert bar.

My impression on this restaurant is that even though I went with family and a child for Mother's Day; I also can see myself visiting again to have a dinner with girlfriends, or an intimate date.

I recommend this restaurant for most any occasion.

James H, General Manager at Epoch Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our recent Mother's Day Brunch. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal and experience and we hope you will indeed return.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had reservations for at 10AM - the opening time of the brunch, as did a number of other parties. Much to everyone's surprise, the staff was not ready to seat people. They were still sweeping the room! Confused parties accumulated in the very small bar, waiting for access to the waiting food. After about 10 minutes, they began to seat people. We were taken to a table where we sat for another 10 minutes with waitresses rushing past us. No water, coffee or any attention. We finally decided to go to the buffet on our own. We did not get coffee until we had finished our first plate of food. The tables were so close together that standing up required the cooperation of the diners at the next table.

I have worked restaurants on Mother's Day and it is always tough. This is a very nice restaurant that serves very good food that is presented professionally. The management should know that the first thing guests want is to be greeted, seated, and offered drinks. The diners all know the staff are busy, and expect them to be juggling a variety of needs. But getting off on the wrong foot - it never gets better. For almost $40 per person, we had hoped for more.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I were privileged to take part in a community invitation to have a three-course meal and meet with the General Manager to sample some new creations in this fine restaurant. We had been there before for lunch, but never for dinner. We were quite impressed.

A great deal of work has taken place to renovate the restaurant, which had fallen into some disarray over the years with prior management. Under new management, and with some staff changes, Epoch has evolved into an elegant, fine-dining restaurant with a phenomenal menu, outstanding staff and a warm atmosphere.

Prices are a bit higher than other area restaurants, but guests are treated like royalty the moment that they walk through the door, and no restaurant in the area can compare with the highest quality food and the way that it is prepared and served at Epoch.

I highly recommend that you take advantage of this neighborhood gem with all of its charm. You will feel the history of the structure as you walk inside this finely-renovated historic building.

2  Thank Bills_Journal
James H, General Manager at Epoch Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Bill,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. We were delighted that you could attend our advisory dinner and from our experience with all of you that evening we hope to continue to improve our service and offerings.

We hope to see you back at the Inn very soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had an excellent time at Epoch last night. Everything was just right - outstanding food and menu including a Valentine's tasting menu, friendly and attentive service, and the dining room and bar were buzzing with energy from guests and staff.

The scallops were outstanding as was the chicken entree with fried chicken livers and root vegetables. We did not choose the tasting menu as we were dining a bit late but we did sample the special dessert comprised of a layer of baked meringue topped with caramelized dried cherries, fresh made chocolate ice cream and hot fudge sauce.

James H, General Manager at Epoch Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience with the online community. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your evening at Epoch. It was a great occasion and our staff too were delighted and thrilled by the energy of the room and the fun had by those who came out to dine with us.

Please be sure to follow our website closely as we are working on some great promotions for this spring.

We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I recently enjoyed a late evening dinner at the bar with a friend. The kitchen closes at nine on Monday nights, but they were still willing to serve bar food slightly after 9. It was the best "barfood" I've ever experienced. They had a diverse selection of items, from lobster rolls, to gourmet burgers with fancy cheeses, etc. I had the fish and chips. They were perfectly moist and the batter was absolutely delicious and flaky. The fries were seasoned with pepper and salt and very tasty - just the right texture. They also had a great selection of local beers on tap.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to dine with us on this occasion. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience. We take great pride in offering a unique bar option at Epoch and we are also open to receiving new and fun ideas from our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.