“Amazing”
Review of Las Olas Taqueria

Las Olas Taqueria
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Latin
Description: Las Olas is a fresh Mexican grill. Quick Service, friendly staff, and tasty fresh Latin/Mexican food that you can choose your fillings as our staff guide you through the process.
Providence, Rhode Island
“Amazing”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Having lived in the south for many years before moving to New England more than a decade ago, I had come to accept two truths about the area. One is that good Mexican food is hard to find and the other is that any Mexican food you find will lack any real heat. Not so with Las Olas. This place is a gem and well worth going out of your way for. We had never heard of the place and just happened to be driving by at lunch time and decided to drop in. The first hint that we were in for something special comes when we realized that the line began outside the door. Thankfully, the temperature was in the low 40s and the five minute wait to get inside was fine. Then, we waited another 20 minutes to get to the front of the line. It was well worth the wait. My wife had the ancho beef tacos and I had the pork tacos. They were unquestionably the best tacos I have had in many years and rival the best ever including some I have had a places where you have to know some Spanish to get served. They took the time to heat the tortillas, corn of course, on the grill and then filled them generously, finishing with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime. And their hot salsa is amazing. It is absolutely fiery hot but also had a wonderful sweetness of the obviously fresh peppers that went into it. We had some chips and they were obviously made fresh from thin tortilla wedges. We happened on this place by chance but will go out of our way to return when we pass through southern New Hampshire.

Lowell, Massachusetts
“Great food, fast service”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Very popular place and the large clientele proves it. This place was frequented by all ages. Great food, spicy dishes had a little kick.

Visited February 2013
Ohio
“Loved the pineapple salsa”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stopped in to grab a quick bite after reading positive reviews and we weren't disappointed. It's similar to Chipotle as far as menu options and ordering style but they had a few more salsa options when we were there. We tried the pineapple salsa and it was excellent! Service was quick and efficient. You can dine in or carry out. Great little taqueria in Exeter.

Visited February 2013
Beaufort, South Carolina, United States
“Not just another Taqueria”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

You can tell that this place isn't just another place to get a burrito. I've gone to this place numerous times and every visit I can tell that the staff are a team and they actually care. You can also tell that all of the ingredients are fresh and rotated. You never see aged dry lines on the sides of the serving containers and the whole line is well kept and fresh looking. I've eaten at all sorts of taquerias all over the country and Latin America and these happen to be things I look for. You learn that after the first few. I don't need authenticity. I just want everyone's creative version of this style of food and Las Olas nails it. I love their food!

• Visited November 2012
New Hampshire
“best Mexican take out”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the best Mexican take out in the area, like Chipotle but much better. The ingredients are fresh, and they have a lot of variety.

Visited October 2012

Been to Las Olas Taqueria? Share your experiences!