“Delicious and healthy”
Review of Las Olas Taqueria

Las Olas Taqueria
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Latin
Description: Las Olas is a fresh Mexican grill. Quick Service, friendly staff, and tasty fresh Latin/Mexican food that you can choose your fillings as our staff guide you through the process.
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We live within walking distance of Las Olas and have frequented the place both for take out and eat in meals since they opened in Jan. 2008. Now that I think about it, we've been there almost every week since 2008! I usually get a burrito or quesadilla and go back and forth between the chicken and pork. I will occasionally get the fish or shrimp when it is available and enjoy both. I have found the food to be delicious and very fresh tasting. Portion sizes(large!) and food quality have always been very consistent and I feel the prices are reasonable.

Two tips: call ahead with your take out order and try the chipotle aioli!

Reviewed August 13, 2011

I recently ate at Las Olas with my family and it was and consistently is a superb choice. I like to support local shops and Las Olas makes it easy because not only are they locally owned, the food is far superior to any chain. Their portions are generous but not ridiculous and the food is always fresh. If you eat meat, do not miss the steak...steak salad or steak bowls are amazing. I appreciate how intentional they are given that my family can be a bit picky. My 15 and 11 year old love it and my wife wishes we lived closer so that we could eat there more. If you like good, clean, fresh food at a reasonable price Las Olas is the place.

1  Thank EllsworthS
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I was also a big fan of this place. Was consistently very good and nasty (went there 2-3 times a week). This all went south back near the end of the 2010 summer. The owner (who came up with the recipes) opened up another Las Olas in Hampton and I was told that he spends nearly all his time at the new one and took most of the original crew that he trained to Hampton. So apparently the knowledge of how to do it right went to Hampton and now Exeter is not the same. The place still has long lines (mainly Exeter Academy kids), but now the quality is inconsistent and that is a big no no when running a food establishment. I miss the old Las Olas.

mattysez, Owner at Las Olas Taqueria, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2011

Thank you for your review.

We did open another restaurant in Hampton in the Winter of 2010. We moved a few of the employees over to the new restaurant but kept the core of Exeters employees in Exeter during the transition. We fully expected bumps and bruises during the transition, but assure you that we are present every day at both locations. We hope you will give us another try and see if you find the consistancy much improved. Las Olas strives for perfection and works to make sure that every customer leaves happy and satisfied. Every employee is empowered to make sure that every customer has complete satisfaction and if you are ever not completely satisfied Las Olas will make every effort to ensure your happy. Please tell a manager any thoughts you may have at the time of your visit and I assure you that you will be happy with the outcome.
Thankyou for bringing your concerns to our notice. We truly appreciate your thoughts and comments.
Sincerely
The owner

Reviewed February 20, 2011

I've been habitually attending Las Olas for 3 years now. I've made everyone I know try it, and we all loved it. Key word: loved not love. Unfortunately, the past 6 months have been horrible. The refried beans look gross (they've been sitting for a while and they getting dry), or the pico de gallo has an obnoxious amount of onions. Either way, it is safe to say I, along with everyone else I have spoken to about it, no longer approve of the deteriorating quality of Las Olas.

My past 20 experiences have been bad. (Literally, I used to come here every other day). The workers are snobby, and don't even say hi to you. They put WAY too much beans for it to be enjoyable. Also, the room is always smoky which is really unappealing.

I would have to say that the North Hampton Las Olas (still pretty new) has excellent quality and customer service. I always try to make it over there, but I live in Stratham, so Exeter would have been ideal, if the food was ever good.

1  Thank strathamGirl
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Awesome Mexican on the Sea Coast of New Hampshire. It's fresh and super good Mexican with a California flavor that tastes great. The salsa's are homemade and unique. I particularly like the Bowl - which have a bed of rice with beans, romaine lettuce, pico de gallo, cheese, sour cream [none for me ;-) ], salsa, fresh cilantro and lime. Definitely the place to eat whenever I am in Exeter. Good choice of mexican beers, too - mmmmmmm Tasty.

Been to Las Olas Taqueria? Share your experiences!