“Generic, but decent”

Ranked #27 of 51 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentically delicious food and drinks made fresh to order daily. Art and furnishings handcrafted in Mexico. For family, friends and community, the fiesta starts here. It's like being in Mexico without getting on a plane.
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I had a quick dinner here while in town visiting friends. The location was convenient to my hotel - practically right across the street. I ordered tacos that were pretty good, but the refried beans were ridiculously spicy....I couldn't even eat them but the server did take them off of the check without me even asking. Prices are good and service is friendly!

KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thanks for the review. We appreciate your dining with us. Sorry to hear you felt our beans were overly spiced. Normally they are not, so we will review with our kitchen team to make sure recipes are being followed, etc. Our refried beans have been a fan favorite for years!

There are newer reviews for Margaritas Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Our meals at Margaritas are always terrific. We enjoyed this location even more as it had a large outdoor patio surrounded by a high wooden fence, so despite the location (on a busier road) you felt relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Half the patio is tented so if you wanted to stay out of the sun you had the option. The waitress kept our salsa and chips flowing and the guacamole portion was huge. I had the white sangria which was tasty and somewhat fruity, but not strong. We had baby chimichangas, which came with 4 pieces, and a shrimp salad. The dressing on the salad was delicious but there were only 4 small pieces of medium sized shrimp which was disappointing for an entree salad. Our waitress was helpful and secured crayons for the kids to use. Great location near the Fairfield Inn, and close to several shopping areas. Thumbs up!

KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thanks for the review and glad you enjoyed the great outdoors with us. Come back soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I met here recently with old high school friends while visiting the area. The restaurant was busy on a Friday night, though we had no trouble getting a table in the section of a server who one of my friends knew, "John." The cushion-less chair I initially chose, sat lower than the others, so I had to move (with my back toward the front door), which I didn't care for, though the second (cushioned) chair sat higher and put me at better height at the dinner table.

Margarita's provides a pleasant atmosphere of "Americanized Mexican" with faux Mexican décor, music, food, and competitive prices. Our server was personable, efficient and helpful throughout our dinner experience, and did especially well considering that he had only been waiting tables for about a month now. We started with a diet pepsi, traditional frozen margarita, and a "lime in the coconut" margarita: the latter which fell a bit short of expectation. John also brought complimentary salsa and chips. For dinner my friends ordered the taco salad (without bowl), and the original fish taco meal: both enjoyed their dinners. I had the Margaritas famous taster (a chicken burrito, cheese enchilada, and ground beef taco, with refried beans and rice). It 'hit the spot' as I was hungry, but was taste and quality were "just okay."

I like Margarita's, generally, but find that, in terms of food, the Portland, Maine locations do a better job than the Exeter location did on this night. I will go back, but most likely not to Exeter.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The restaurant is nice and colorful, the food is typical restaurant chain food but it is always hot and tasty.

The margaritas are ALWAYS enjoyable.

KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thanks for the review! Hope you can come back again soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The quality of their food is poor. The quantity is plentiful. They do make a good Margherita. The noise level is pretty loud most of the time. It's a great place to bring children because it is relatively inexpensive.

I have been to the Margarita's in Natick, MA and there is such a difference. This one has very good food, good service and during Happy Hour it can be called a fun place.

KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you Grace for your feedback. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy our food. Our goal is to our food be as great as our Margaritas. I'll pass your feedback along to our Back of house team and challenge them to make every meal great. We hope you can come back soon!