“The Manchester location is better”

900 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Epping
Cuisines: Italian
Description: 900 Degrees Wood Fired Pizzeria is an idea born from a passion for high quality food and building a community around a positive dining experience. Owner Priscilla Lane Rondeau infuses her belief in protecting the environment into every aspect of running 900 Degrees including creating dishes that highlight New Hampshire's local farm fresh ingredients.
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were REALLY excited when we heard 900* was opening in Epping. We LOVE the Manchester restaurant, but it's very inconvenient to get to. The Epping location is convenient to get to. The food was close to Manchester's very good quality, but the service and atmosphere were not. For one thing, the Manchester location has atmosphere. They also have decent service. In Epping, we watched our server walk by our table SEVEN times before she greeted us. Now, we have both worked in customer service roles, so we understand being busy. But you can at least greet the table that you're walking RIGHT by, and let them know you'll be right back. Didn't happen here. Her service improved slightly after taking our drink orders, but still left a lot to be desired.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

First off, the pizza was very good. I happen to like pizza cooked in wood fire ovens. However, the service left much to be desired.

It was around one in the afternoon. We were seated promptly. Not many people around. The hostess was dressed in clothes that struck me as nonprofessional, though she was nice. Our waitress was a nice girl, but she was often in her own world. We got our drinks, but not once did she ask us if we wanted refills. I guess she wanted to hang out by the end of the bar with the other staff, doing nothing. Bear in mind, there were maybe 4-5 tables at the time with diners.

Each table comes with a pizza stand, with plates. Upon trying to pass plates to each of us, I found they were STICKY. The table next to us had that problem. I waved down our waitress, who not once came by the table while we waited for our pizza, and had her replace the sticky plates.

We didn't have to wait long for our food. All three of us liked the pizza, and ordered a second one to go. The center of the pie wasn't as crisp as I would have liked, but I was very hungry, so I overlooked that. I would actually recommend ordering the pizza over the phone for pick up, as the service was just eh. I have no idea if they take reservations, if it's got a kid friendly menu or what they do for large functions.

Overall, I'm not sure it's worth the drive out that way again for the pizza.

1  Thank Jenmboyd
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My husband was happy. He eats everything and loves pizza. He liked the thin crust, though, he was disappointed that there was an absence of the brick oven flavor. To me the pizza looked under cooked. I couldn't taste any pizza because the waitress told us they ran out of GF dough just before we got there. We got there before 5 pm on this Saturday evening. Seems too early to run out. We chose this restaurant BECAUSE they offered GF pizza. The menu has "GS" for gluten sensitive next to some menu items to indicate that the item can be chosen by gluten sensitive people. We saw that meatballs had a GS symbol. The waitress suggested meatballs to me. I said it sounded great. Then she frowned and said that meatballs are usually made with breadcrumbs, and she'd better ask the chef. Yes, the chef said there were crumbs. I pointed out the GS symbol, and she went to talk with the manager. The final conclusion was that it was a typo. Now, this is not the first restaurant they have opened. They are not new at making a menu. A mistake like this is frightening to someone needing to eat GF. I would have left, but, I didn't want to be a wet blanket. How about a GF beer? Nope, they had GF beer on order, but didn't have any on hand. So, my dinner was water and salad with grilled chicken. Not what I was hoping for. It tasted fine, although, it had seasoned walnuts on it, and balsamic vinaigrette. Within minutes of leaving, I got an insanely itchy reaction near my lips (and a migraine later) and suspect this ignorance around gluten free service really is pervasive at this place. One of those items had flour, I feel certain. They have a caveat on the menu about not being able to guarantee 100% non-cross contamination. But, the larger issue here is doing something half-assed. Just adding a caveat on a menu doesn't excuse poor restaurateaurship.

4  Thank C-girl J
Reviewed November 11, 2013

As a Kingston resident, we were excited to try this new restaurant and invited two other couples to go with us and our children. Without going on for pages, it was terrible. The hostess was rude, the server inept and rude, we waited over an hour for appetizers once seated, main courses tasted re-heated....I could go on but you get the idea. It would have been funny, it was so bad, except that when you invite friends to go out and have two kids with you on a school night, there was nothing funny about it. I have NEVER experienced such an incredible lack of customer service -- to the point that I literally had to say to the hostess, "please don't be rude to me." We will NEVER go back, nor will our friends, and are very happy that Tellys is close by and offers consistently wonderful food, service, and a predictable great time.

5  Thank Lytlex4
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I am a pizza connoisseur and when I heard that a Neapolitan Pizzeria was opening up nearby I was psyched. I picked up the two pizza and on the way home tried a piece and
was horribly disappointed. So much so, that I called another pizza place on the way home and picked up another one. According to everything I know about pizza, it should be crispy and tender. The two I ordered were nowhere near crispy and were downright doughy. I understand the upscale pizza mentality, but 16 dollars for a smallish pizza is robbery. I will definitely not be back.
The restaurant inside does look very nice and I am just reviewing the pizza. If that cant get there staple item correct, I worry about everything else.

6  Thank LFOD56