“Great Addition to Seacoast Dining and Value Priced”

Kume Japanese Steak House
Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Epping
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife and I went there last night for the first time and were very pleasantly surprised. Half the restaurant is a regular dining room, but half is classic Japanese steak house with very entertaining chefs, never ending streams of sake poured into your mouth from 2 to 3 feet away, and very good food from the grill. We had the special, which included filet mignon, lobster, scallop, and shrimp as well as soup and salad and had a couple of glasses of wine and a beer for around 65 dollars. Every one at the group tables seemed to be having a terrific time. We got there a little after six, and were seated within five minutes. However, on our way out, I heard the greeter quoting 45 minute waits at around 8, so call for a reservation, or don;'t come at prime time on a Friday night.

Sake M, Public Relations Manager at Kume Japanese Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you so much for your review! We enjoyed having you dine with us and look forward to your return soon!

There are newer reviews for Kume Japanese Steak House

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I always look forward to coming here! The best sushi I've ever had. It's very exciting to have such amazing cuisine in the area! All their ingredients are extremely fresh. Have yet to order anything I've been disappointed with. Props to the chefs! I'm not one to order out or dine out regularly.... however I've become a regular here!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Who would 've thought that Epping, NH would be the "go to" place for dining? As an Exeter resident, it's been fun checking out all the new arrivals. The Kume Hibachi Steak House is a welcome addition to seacoast restaurant choices. Not only is the food good, but if you sit in the Hibachi room, you can also enjoy a culinary show that includes knife tricks, streaming saki, and a flaming grill. The food is all prepared fresh as guests watch and interact with the chef. Order one of the combination dinners and enjoy soup, salad, appetizer and entree for one price. A fun and delicious meal for the whole family. Be sure and call ahead for reservations as the Hibachi room fills up fast. A regular dining room is also available adjacent to the bar.

1  Thank Candance H

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I go there for lunch and can recommend Kume for value and cleanliness.
good value for money , worth a visit.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

When you walk in the decor makes you forget your in a small town in NH! I went with my husband and our two friends and we sat at one of the hibachi tables. The staff promptly got us drinks and then we ordered and got our miso soup and salad and had a perfect amount of time to enjoy those before the chef came to our table. Our chef did a great job entertaining us and the food was great. My husband got the calamari and swordfish and his only complaint was the swordfish portion was small for the price. The steak, chicken and shrimp hibachi dishes were satisfying. I'll definitely be going back again.

Been to Kume Japanese Steak House? Share your experiences!