“Great Place with a lot of character”
Review of The Holy Grail

The Holy Grail
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Epping
Cuisines: American, Irish, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Converted Catholic Church into NH's Best Irish Pub in the State! Original stain-glass windows, light fixtures and large harp shaped bar. Great family restaurant, something for everyone! Enjoy one of our 26 beers on draft or our specialty drinks. Amazing outdoor seating that takes you on a trip back to the old country. Our function hall holds up to 100 guests for the perfect celebration! Visit us once, and you'll be back again & again! Slainte'
New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place with a lot of character”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have visited the Grail multiple times in the last six months, for drinks with friends, for a dinner with my husband and for dinner with our whole family. Located inside a former Catholic church (where I actually had my First Communion!) it is a unique setting with a lot of character. A large center bar offers a lot of seating and booths and tables on both the first floor and in the balcony (former choir balcony) offer a lot of seating. The church's original stained glass windows are still there. There is a huge mural painted on one end of the restaurant.

The food has mostly been great. I've had a Guinness Beef stew that is delicious, Irish Nachos (potato skins w/toppings) and grilled salmon. They also have a great spinach artichoke dip, but it is a little slow to come out, so only order that if you have a lot of time to wait and are not starving!

We did experience a delay in getting all of our meals at the same time the night I went with my family in June, that is the only reason I am not giving them a 5. Even with large parties I expect that all the meals can arrive at the table at the same time. And if any are going to be late, please don't make it a child's food!!

I'll be back though and I recommend it to others!

• Visited June 2013

Mooresville, North Carolina
“Good food & good atmosphere!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Such a neat place in an old church! We ate at the bar which was very busy. Our service was prompt so we didn't even notice the crowd. Holy Grail had a nice selection of beer on tap & a good assortment of 'bar' food.

• Visited September 2013
Monterey, California
“Great place!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

What a fun environment. Really good food! Definitely recommend this place!! Everyone is super friendly, great customer service.

Visited November 2013
Newmarket, New Hampshire
“Not so good”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

So I know it’s pub food. But when I order a simple cheese burger with bacon (I was dying for bacon for whatever reason), they couldn’t get that right! I love the Grail for the atmosphere. But the more I go there, the more I get disappointed. The burger was supposed to be medium (the waitress asked me how I would like it)! It was so over done AND they forgot the stupid BACON! Come on! Before I bit into it I told the waitress that they forgot the bacon. She grabbed my burger, ran it through the full length of the place and into the kitchen. She came back quickly with the burger with the bacon. Yay.

As I start to eat it I realize that it is like charcoal. I normally don’t get burgers, but when I do, I expect them to be what I asked (why else would the waitress ask me)? Why do they ever bother asking if they are just going to burn them anyways.

This is not the first time that I’ve has inedible food at the Grail. Oh, an after the waitress showed my uneaten burger to the manager, they not only didn’t take it off the bill, they charged me an extra dollar for the BACON! It was included in what I ordered.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank wmcguire
“Great atmosphere but food wasn't as good.”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Went to this restaurant for the first time today at lunchtime. The atmosphere is great, very inviting. I started off with the buffalo chicken dip and it was good. The dish was hot and well seasoned with shredded chicken. The chips served with the dip could be better-they were too greasy. My meal was the fried haddock sandwich, which was horrible. I could barely find the over cooked fish underneath the greasy batter. The fries were unseasoned and hard. Not impressed at all with this place.

Been to The Holy Grail? Share your experiences!