“A hidden gem !!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Enfield
Shaker Hill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Enfield B&B and Inns
Rochester,NH
“A hidden gem !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

I have stayed at other B&B's but never had the pleasant experience that I had with Nancy, Al and their beautiful dog Ben. Coming back to the Inn following minor surgery at Dartmouth, Nancy was there to assist me upstairs and cater to my wants. When I finally was able to eat their amazing breakfast of fresh fruit, warm scones, shirred eggs and fresh coffee I was in heaven! Due to stormy weather we were able to stay an extra night even though Nancy and Al had other plans. Luxurious beds and linens, roomy bath room with nice thick towels, a very comfortable living room with many books and current magazines, tasteful antiques, fabulous food and very endearing and welcoming Inn keepers, then you need to book a stay at Shaker Hill B&B and enjoy this hidden gem of pure New Hamshire hospitality.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Old Chatham, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

I could not think of a more comfortable and gracious place to ride out the winter snows of NH! Warm, soft beds, an inviting living room complete with fire and sherry, and a delicious, eye- appealing breakfast awaiting us each morning (warm pear dishes, tantalizing scones, hearty egg treats). The innkeepers, Nancy and Al, were gracious and charming, making great dinner suggestions and interesting conversation. We ended up staying an additional night due to weather, and although our hosts had other plans, they made our extended stay possible and delightful. This is definitely a place we will return to, and hopefully the weather will cooperate so we can enjoy the surrounding gardens and historic attractions. Thank you so much, Nancy and Al!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2009

I'm very picky about hotels and B&B's and this one takes the top spot on my list. Great breakfasts, nice rooms, clean, and great owners. I felt like I hadn't left home they make you feel so comfortable. One warning, they do have two high energy dogs. They are sweethearts, but not everyone loves dogs.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
New England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2009

Like all other reviewers, I have to say this B&B is a class act. Great value for the money that includes fabulous accomodations, food, and ambiance- thanks to Al and Nancy (plus their well behaved adorable dogs Ben and Willy). Also nicely located close to local attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

Shaker Hill Bed & Breakfast was a nice experience. AL & Nancy were pleasant and professional. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was also a nice treat with a main entree, fruit, scones and good coffee. The home-made Blueberry French Toasts were about the best we've have had in years. We also enjoyed
the two dogs as they were friendly and loved our attention. We would certainly to stay at Shaker Hill Bed & Breakfast again. Thank you Al & Nancy for your hospitality.

Carol & Ray Bergeron

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2009

This was our fifth or sixth visit to Shaker Hill B&B and we were so glad to be back. Nancy and Al are such gracious hosts and the breakfasts are wonderful. This is where I wanted to be for my birthday weekend!

There are so many interesting places to explore within a short ride from the B&B. King Arthur Flour in Norwich, Vt is one of those places. In the summer there's a fabulous farmer's market just up the road from King Arthur. Woodstock, Quechee Gorge where you can walk down to the river, Simon Pearce glass works where you can watch glass blowing and eat overlooking the river, are just a few of the great places to visit.

Definitely plan a trip to the Shaker Hill B&B to enjoy the hospitality, the food, the gardens, and the boys, Willie and Ben

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Davis, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2007

I can't say enough nice things about the proprietors, Nancy and Al. They prepared "breakfast bags" for us each morning when we had to get out early with our cameras to catch the early light. When we were able to be present for the actual breakfasts, they were well above average and different every day. I needed a boarding pass for my return trip to California and had asked Nancy if she could print it for me, but I forget to give her the confirmation number. On her own initiative, she found it and printed the boarding passes while I was out making photographs. The B&B is well-appointed, with an area downstairs for reading or visiting with other guests, and there is a separate dining room. If and when I return to the Northeast, this is the place I will stay.

• Liked — The cleanliness of the facility and the friendliness of the owners
  • Disliked — Lack of internet access
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Element Hanover-Lebanon
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
The Lyme Inn
The Lyme Inn
#1 of 1 in Lyme

Been to Shaker Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!