“A Nice Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Enfield
Shaker Hill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Enfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Shaker Hill Bed & Breakfast was a nice experience. AL & Nancy were pleasant and professional. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was also a nice treat with a main entree, fruit, scones and good coffee. The home-made Blueberry French Toasts were about the best we've have had in years. We also enjoyed
the two dogs as they were friendly and loved our attention. We would certainly to stay at Shaker Hill Bed & Breakfast again. Thank you Al & Nancy for your hospitality.

Carol & Ray Bergeron

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 25, 2009

This was our fifth or sixth visit to Shaker Hill B&B and we were so glad to be back. Nancy and Al are such gracious hosts and the breakfasts are wonderful. This is where I wanted to be for my birthday weekend!

There are so many interesting places to explore within a short ride from the B&B. King Arthur Flour in Norwich, Vt is one of those places. In the summer there's a fabulous farmer's market just up the road from King Arthur. Woodstock, Quechee Gorge where you can walk down to the river, Simon Pearce glass works where you can watch glass blowing and eat overlooking the river, are just a few of the great places to visit.

Definitely plan a trip to the Shaker Hill B&B to enjoy the hospitality, the food, the gardens, and the boys, Willie and Ben

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2007

I can't say enough nice things about the proprietors, Nancy and Al. They prepared "breakfast bags" for us each morning when we had to get out early with our cameras to catch the early light. When we were able to be present for the actual breakfasts, they were well above average and different every day. I needed a boarding pass for my return trip to California and had asked Nancy if she could print it for me, but I forget to give her the confirmation number. On her own initiative, she found it and printed the boarding passes while I was out making photographs. The B&B is well-appointed, with an area downstairs for reading or visiting with other guests, and there is a separate dining room. If and when I return to the Northeast, this is the place I will stay.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed September 27, 2007

My husband and I have just spent 2 nights at Shaker Hill and found it to be everything we ever wanted from a New England B&B. Great location in the centre of the New Hampshire/Vermont region. Easily accessible from I-89. Easy to find if you follow Nancy's directions (turn off the sat-nav if you don't want a very random detour). We stayed in the Shaker Room which to my mind is classic new England, beautiful four poster bed, traditional electric furniture, modern clean en-suite with shower. Wonderful guest lounge with a myriad of books plus TV and DVD player. The Breakfast was stunning with fresh fruit and home made scones and a different entree/main course every day. Nancy and Al are wonderful hosts with a wonderful knowledge of the local area and always happy to help in anyway they can. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed June 26, 2007

Where to start? Let's just say that after our first B&B stay we won't be considering hotels as an option anymore when we have a choice, Shaker Hill made our experience that great.

The bed and linens were comfortable, my fiancée is making me buy the same towels for our house. Breakfast was wonderful too, Al and Nancy cooked up a nice variety of 2-3 course meals (fruit, scones, and main breakfast course), I think we ate lunch once during the 4-day stay. They're also great to talk to, if you can pry them out of the kitchen for long enough!

We'll definitely be back in the future when we make another trip to New England.

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank JeffBTucson_AZ
Reviewed May 20, 2007

Enfield, NH is very lucky to have Al and Nancy, and the Shaker Hill B&B. As weary travelers, we were greeted by our hosts and welcomed into their home for a very pleasant two-night stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the new, spotless bathrooms and shower areas were spacious and provided all necessities. We especially loved the luxurious towels! A culinary delight, breakfast at the Shaker Hill is four-star quality, as Nancy prepares original, delicious and irresistable fruit and yogurt parfaits, a wonderful wedge of apple pancake, or my favorite, the leek/cheese filled egg dish. Be sure to sample the edible pansy blossom that decorates your plate. Both Al and Nancy are very knowledgeable about the area, and made breakfast table chat interesting and lively. This is the best cup of coffee you will ever have on your travels, and I credit Nancy and Al with providing a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We will return, and recommend the Shaker Hill B&B to all our friends and family.

Stayed: May 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
Williamsburg, VA
Reviewed May 29, 2006

I have stayed countless times over the past 5 years at this lovely B&B while in the Upper Valley for business. This is definitely a home away from home for me. Nancy and Al are gracious hosts with excellent accomodations.
All four rooms are very comfortable - with fluffy towels and sheets that far surpass any hotel in the area. The food is delicious - both savory and sweet - and always a homemade scone or muffin as well. Summertime is a real treat when breakfast is often served on the B&B's wraparound porch with a view of the magnificent gardens!
There is plenty of reading material in the guest rooms and the den - along with a collection of movies. The B&B is close to Mascoma Lake and a great trail (formerly a railroad bed) for running and biking. There is a dog and cat on the premises. A window A/C fan unit and a furnace thermostat is in each guest room.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Lebanon
Shaker Farm Bed and Breakfast
Days Inn Lebanon/Hanover

Been to Shaker Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!