“Beautiful inn, welcoming owners and staff and a chef that is a culinary genius!”

Max's Restaurant & Pub at the Snowvillage Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Eaton
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Max's Restaurant at the Snowvillage is a contemporary american restaurant nestled in the foothills of the white mountains with sweeping view of the White Mountains of New Hampshire, and award winning gardens. Quiet and secluded, yet only 6 miles from Conway, NH, Ossipee, NH, and Brownfield, ME. Join us for a casual dinner in Max's Pub or a more elegant night out in our white linen dining room. Elegant, yet a relaxed atmosphere. We are out in the country of course.
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at the Snowvillage to see the changes since the new owners, Jen and Kevin, took over. We are going to have our wedding here in September.
I can tell you it was nothing short of EXCELLENT! The energy here is so very positive! This property is lucky to have found such great owners! Everyone is welcoming, the inn is decorated with a contemporary rustic that makes you feel so very relaxed, the grounds are beautiful, and the food...the food is incredible. Chef Brian is a culinary genius! Everything we ordered from the appetizers through dessert was delicious. I eat out as I travel often and I can say without a doubt, this was the best combination of presentation and taste I can remember. Spend a weekend or just a night. But at the minimum make dinner reservations here and enjoy a relaxing night with excellent food and great service! LOVE IT!

Snowvillage_Inn, Owner at Max's Restaurant & Pub at the Snowvillage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

We are grateful you enjoyed your stay! We are pleased to say that the view of the Presidential Range of the White Mountains is back. We have a lovely staff who care about our guests.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was at the Snowvillage Inn many years ago when it was owned by Kevin Flynn. That was "2 owners" ago, and now he's returned and with him has come new life, energy and a fabulous team too. His partner, Jen, can only be described as the hostess with the mostest (I know, trite but true!), and Chef Brian Anderson is a culinary magician. The food is fresh, fabulously delicious, beautifully presented and nervana to the taste buds. I wish I lived closer, this would be my new favorite restaurant.

The views at sunset are gorgous, and once the sun goes down, glowing orbs appear in the trees. A lovely way to end the night. Wow!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The inn is a true gem that has great history, ambience, and fantastic food! The owner, Kevin, is personable and welcoming. The spacious common room, which boasts hand-hewn beams, a fireplace and lots of comfortable seats, looks out over Mount Washingon in the distance. We recently joined visiting friends who were staying there, for dinner and it was amazing. My wife had perfectly prepared ahi tuna while I had crusted, seared sea scallops which were delicious. Dessert featured the best maple crime brûlée I've ever had as well as the first chocolate brûlée I've ever tasted. For dinner or a weekend, the Snowvillage Inn is a great destination!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Make a reservation on summer weekends and request a table by the window overlooking the valley to fully enjoy all this outstanding restaurant has to offer. The chef just started in June and his cooking includes very subtle and unusual flavors like a hint of cayenne in the creme brulee.

The menu is short, but ample. The vegetarian options are limited, but a vegetarian could well enjoy several of the appetizers for a full meal.

Driving from Maine there wasn't a gas station for quite a ways so fill up before you head out. It may be a bit of a distance from where you are, but definitely worth the drive.

Thank you for your feedback. Chef Brian will be adding more vegetarian options to the menu! During the fall we regained our view from the dinner room. Mt. Washington is beautiful right now, it is snow covered!

Reviewed January 26, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a fantastic dinner at Snowvillage Inn. The food was top notch, we couldn't have asked for anything better. The Chef and owner both came out and introduced themselves, and to find out how everything was. Our waitress was very nice and very attentive. The prices were very reasonable. We are locals who have found our new favorite restuarant.